Top stories on just-style this week...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story.
Fiscal focus on textiles
ANALYSIS: Asian suppliers thrown textile lifelines
Asian nations are assisting struggling textile and apparel sectors as their wider economies rebound, says a recent report.
Primark interim gains
ANALYSIS: "More of the same" at profit-making Primark
Fast fashion chain Primark is getting used to posting double-digit sales increases, and the first half of the current year brought no exception.
Volcanic ash effects
ANALYSIS: Volcanic ash fallout hits apparel trade
As the cloud of volcanic ash from Iceland made its way across northern Europe over the past week, the massive transportation gridlock that has already brought much of the region to a halt has had a ripple effect on the apparel industry too.
Faith appoints administrators
UK: Faith in administration
UK shoe chain Faith has entered administration this week, appointing accounting firm Mazars.
Columbia profit hike
US: Columbia Sportswear sees Q1 profit rise 25%
US sporting goods firm Columbia Sportswear increased first quarter income to US$9.2m, from $6.9m in the same period last year, as consumer spending on its brands picked up.
One of the biggest retail success stories of the past decade has been the phenomenal rise of fast fashion, a shopping trend spurred by rapidly changing styles and the ready availability of cheap brand...
Two of the UK's most important apparel retailers, Debenhams and Primark, this week indicated solid full-year sales. Does this mean that the worst ravages of recession are behind the high street? Joe A...
Higher spending on marketing and new technologies have helped Columbia Sportswear Company has contributed to a 16% jump in third quarter sales, but put pressure on operating margins, the outdoor appar...
Taking a look at the week ahead for the footwear and apparel industry, here is news editor Joe Ayling's snapshot of just-style's latest news and insights agenda. ...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020