Top stories on just-style this week...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story.
UK: Private equity group TPG buys Republic for GBP300m
Fashion group Republic has been acquired by the private equity company TPG for £300m (US$445.5m).
BANGLADESH: Garment factories close amid pay protests
Garment factories in some parts of Bangladesh have closed for an indefinite period following three days of violent protests by thousands of workers calling for an increase in the national minimum wage.
SWEDEN: H&M hits back in Bangladesh tax row
Retailer H&M has hit back at claims from a charity that its lack of tax contributions in Bangladesh are “unethical”.
US: Gap to make first move into China with four stores
US clothing retailer Gap Inc has revealed details of its long-awaited entry into China, with plans to open four Gap brand stores and and online shopping site later this year.
ANALYSIS: Sri Lanka's garment makers "will cope" without GSP+
The Sri Lankan garment industry says the loss of the GSP+ preferential trade benefits will be felt, but will not be catastrophic.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
With the global textile and clothing industry this year emerging from a deep slump, it is perhaps understandable that there were going to be unexpected twists and turns in the sector during 2010....
Garment-making countries had a number of hurdles to overcome in 2010, with natural disasters like floods and earthquakes striving to disrupt supply chains already battling a surge in labour, raw mater...
Established skills and tradition were not enough to save some apparel makers from layoffs and factory closures in 2010. But acquisitions, an environmental focus and international expansion helped othe...
While some retailers continued to be vulnerable to cost-cutting, swingeing redundancies and store closures in 2010, others acted swiftly to respond to the changing economic circumstances, offering rea...
US dress maker Taylor Dress has entered talks to distribute its collections in China. ...
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar