Top stories on just-style this week...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story.
EU: Large-scale clothing origin scam unearthed
Investigators have recouped EUR30m from a Chinese clothes rules of origin export scam, says a report from European Union (EU) anti-fraud agency OLAF.
BANGLADESH: M&S to roll out ethical factories initiative
Retailer Marks & Spencer is to extend an ethical factories initiative which has been hailed as a success in boosting workers’ rights in Bangladesh.
UK: ActionAid “secret messages” target Asda
Charity ActionAid is inserting “secret messages” into thousands of garments sold by supermarket Asda as part of a campaign to raise the wages of factory workers in developing countries.
US: Manufacturers, importers welcome new tariff act
Manufacturers and apparel importers have both praised a new act which selectively reduces import tariffs to help cut input costs for US companies.
US: Ralph Lauren to take control of Korea unit
Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation has reached a US$47m agreement to assume direct control of its wholesale and retail distribution in South Korea from its licensee there.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read articles on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story. ...
South African retail group Woolworths Holdings has appointed former Marks & Spencer chief executive and chairman Sir Stuart Rose as a non-executive director....
Fast-fashion retailer H&M is teaming up with the shoe label Swedish Hasbeens to launch three new styles of wooden-soled clogs that will be sold in its stores around the world....
Cashmere yarn spinner Todd & Duncan has promoted its finance director Iain Cormack to the additional role of deputy managing director....
UK clothing retailer Marks and Spencer (M&S) has launched a new capsule fashion range made from sustainable fabrics. ...
US apparel retailer New York & Company has announced the appointment of David Witkewicz as its executive vice president of design. ...
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts