Top stories on just-style this week...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story.
US: Trade group submits ten-point export action plan
President Barack Obama’s commitment to double US exports by 2015 has been welcomed by the American Apparel & Footwear Association (AAFA), which has unveiled a ten-point plan to help make it a reality.
GUATEMALA: Makers "undisturbed" by US labour complaint
Textile and apparel producers in Guatemala are seeking to reassure retailers, importers and suppliers that US concerns over labour rights violations will not disrupt the industry or its eligibility for duty-free benefits under a central American free trade pact.
In the money: Republic buy highlights secondary buyout trend
Private equity firms are playing an increased role in shaping the fashion industry, snapping up brands under a variety of circumstances as trade buyers approach M&A with more caution.
ANALYSIS: Asia holds the key to Ralph Lauren future
A better-than-expected set of first quarter results will have pleased the powers that be at Polo Ralph Lauren, but it’s what happens next which holds the most interest for the US company.
Retailers' reaction to Bangladesh unrest
Leading retailers including Primark, H&M, Asda and M&S have given just-style their reaction to news that minimum wages for garment workers in Bangladesh are set to nearly double.
Although more than two years have passed since the global economic crisis began, consumer spending on fashion remains tentative and selective. In 2011, retailers will be jostling for custom while high...
Faced with rising apparel costs and the likelihood that 2011 will be a perfect storm of pricing uncertainty - or what Mike Todaro, managing director of AAPN (the American Apparel Producers' Network) d...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' January 2011 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available. ...
Fast-growing retailer Supergroup, best known for its Superdry fashion brand, is buying its Benelux and French distribution partner CNC Collections from owner Luc Clement for up to EUR40m (US$54m)....
A group of J Crew shareholders who last month agreed a $10m settlement that appeared to pave the way for the retailer's $3bn takeover by two private equity firms have now rejected the deal....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Throwaway fast fashion model needs re-think
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack