Top stories on just-style this week...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story.
UK: M&S to lengthen supplier payment terms
The UK's largest clothing retailer Marks and Spencer (M&S) has confirmed to just-style that it plans to change its current monthly pay cycle for general merchandise suppliers, in a move that will see a longer delay in payments.
PAKISTAN: Apparel buyers divert orders amid supply fears
Garment exports from Pakistan are likely to be down by nearly one-third as orders for the Christmas season shift to Bangladesh and Sri Lanka over fears that supply will be disrupted as a result of the recent floods.
SOURCING: Pakistan cotton crisis adds to apparel costs
Textile and clothing firms around the world are bracing themselves for more disruption to cotton supplies and a possible rise in garment prices after the worst floods in decades hit Pakistan's cotton industry, squeezing companies just as they head into the important summer buying season.
ANALYSIS: Grim outlook for American Apparel
Once the epitome of health with its young, slick, urban fashion sense, American Apparel is now on the critical list thanks to a succession of disastrous setbacks.
ANALYSIS: CEO frustrated by Gap's fluctuating fortunes
Even though Gap Inc managed to beat second-quarter earnings forecasts with the help of higher revenues at its Old Navy and Banana Republic chains, the retailer's boss admits to being "disappointed" that sales at its namesake chain continue to run below par.
US women's wear company Liz Claiborne has narrowed its loss for the fourth quarter but saw sales slide during the period. ...
US retailer Nordstrom finished 2010 with record sales of $9.3bn on the back of a strong final quarter....
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read articles on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story. ...
French fashion group PPR is to combine its PPR and Gucci Group teams to form a standalone luxury group. ...
Fashion retailer J Crew Group Inc yesterday (16 February) said no new offers to buy the firm had emerged during an 85 day "go shop" period which ended on Tuesday....
Teen clothing retailer Abercrombie & Fitch Co has nearly doubled its fourth quarter profit thanks to rising domestic and international sales, and says it plans to accelerate its overseas expansion in ...
Women's wear label Paul Costelloe has been rescued from administration by Portuguese clothing manufacturer Calvelex, which has set up a new unit to operate the brand's licence....
UK supermarket chain Tesco has remained silent on reports it will launch a separate e-commerce store for its F&F clothing brand. ...
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- EU urged to adopt roadmap for Sri Lanka GSP+ bid
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack