Top stories on just-style this week...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story.
UK: M&S appoints Robert Swannell as chairman
Marks and Spencer Group (M&S) has announced that Robert Swannell will next year replace Sir Stuart Rose as the clothing retailer's chairman.
US: American Apparel faces NYSE deadline
Embattled US clothing firm American Apparel has received a stock exchange warning letter after it was not able to file a Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q in time.
CANADA: Gap launches dedicated e-commerce site
Apparel retail group Gap has launched a dedicated e-commerce site aimed at Canadian consumers for its Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy brands.
SPAIN: Zara turns focus to e-commerce
Spanish textiles firm Inditex Group has told just-style it will open an e-commerce store for the Zara brand next week.
US: Levi's awaits true cotton hike impact
US denim firm Levi Strauss has told just-style it is too soon to assess the impact of rising cotton prices on its own pricing structure.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Sneaker producer Keds has signed an exclusive licensing agreement with global sourcing company Li & Fung to develop a new branded apparel collection....
Fashion retailer Zara is extending its online network to customers in Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Monaco and Switzerland next week....
Women's apparel retailer Christopher & Banks has today (25 February) promoted Michael Lyftogt to chief financial officer (CFO)....
UK retailer Marks and Spencer Group has today (24 February) hired Inditex executive Jan Heere as its new director of international, in line with its global expansion plans....
Spanish fashion retailer Inditex has today (24 February) named Lucien Dorobantu as head of its Russian operations....
Higher full-price sales and fewer promotions have helped upscale US department store operator Saks Incorporated swing to a fourth quarter profit....
Victoria's Secret operator Limited Brands has posted double-digit rises in fourth quarter sales and profit, and says it saw even stronger growth in February....
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts