Top stories on just-style this week...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story.
GERMANY: Court approves Karstadt takeover plan
German department store chain Karstadt is finally under new ownership after an administrative court in Essen approved plans from Berggruen Holdings to take over the company in a move that protects more than 25,000 jobs.
BANGLADESH: US importers urge end to labour disputes
A group of US apparel and footwear makers and importers is urging the Bangladesh government to step in to resolve the on-going wage issue in the country’s ready-made garment industry, amid worries that the dispute may damage their reputations.
THE FLANARANT: Uncertainty the latest threat to Pakistan makers
Already hurt by a reputation for uncertainty, Pakistan's apparel industry has been hit again by the fall-out from the recent floods. The solution, according to Mike Flanagan, is to keep buying from the country, and to make sure Western aid is used to build an infrastructure that works.
COMMENT: CIVETS loom into focus beyond the BRICs
Talk of emerging markets in recent years has been so dominated by the BRIC markets - an acronym first coined at the investment bank Goldman Sachs in 2001 - that the term's constituents, Brazil, Russia, India and China, have left little room for discussion of other markets. Chris Brook-Carter reports on the next raft of emerging markets.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
In the green clothing and textiles market, the requirement to create sustainable and marketable eco-friendly products is becoming increasingly competitive. Out-of-the-box innovation is immensely valua...
Denim giant Levi Strauss has published an update on its efforts to improve conditions in Lesotho. And it is a case of 'what a difference a year can make' for this developing African country. ...
The US government has placed Beijing's Silk Market and China's top Internet search engine Baidu on its list of so-called "notorious markets" known for piracy and counterfeiting....
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read articles on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story. ...
Denim giant Levi Strauss & Co has named Rebecca Van Dyck as its global chief marketing officer for the Levi's brand....
Reliance Brands Ltd has inked an exclusive long-term license agreement with US retailer Steven Madden Ltd to bring its footwear and accessories to India....
The Obama administration has reiterated its commitment to approving long-delayed trade deals with Colombia, Panama and South Korea this year - but frustrated the apparel industry by refusing to lay ou...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report