Top stories on just-style this week...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story.
INDIA: Apparel industry prepares for nationwide strike
In an unprecedented move, the entire Indian apparel industry could close on Friday (19 November) as owners and senior managers take part in a nationwide protest against a shortage of cotton yarns and rising prices.
COMMENT: Currency wars and the garment industry
Last week's G-20 summit ended with only modest progress in the so-called 'currency wars,' after global leaders agreed to study the problem for another year and develop new guidelines to tackle serious trade imbalances. Here, David Birnbaum gives his own take on what's going on.
Textile makers squeezed by cotton crisis
The global textile manufacturing industry cannot absorb the unprecedented price hikes of recent months any longer without putting its own survival in jeopardy, a top expert claims.
CHINA: Adidas to add 2,500 new stores by 2015
German sporting-goods maker Adidas AG has hinted at the scale of its ambitions in China, with plans including more than 2,500 new stores there by 2015, and a focus on smaller Chinese cities.
Wal-Mart confident US unit is on the right track
With Christmas just 39 days away, retail giant Wal-Mart today (16 November) said it remains confident it will post positive same-store sales in the key holiday season - including better apparel revenues - despite continuing sluggish demand in its US home market.
Ethical behaviour, sustainable and eco-friendly production are laudable goals - but in all too many cases they play second fiddle to rising sales and profit. In a world where cheap talk usually replac...
In their quest for low labour rates and low garment costs, apparel firms are increasingly coming up against a range of problems on the talent front, from a lack of skilled workers to poorly motivated ...
Wal-Mart Stores today (13 May) said it has bought a minority stake in Chinese e-commerce operator Yihaodian, which sells a range of products including apparel....
Local government officials in Vietnam's Hai Duong province have licensed a joint venture between Crystal Corporation and Pacific Textile Holding Limited, two of Hong Kong's leading textile and garment...
Wal-Mart Stores has lined up plans to expand its network in Chile, the US retail giant has confirmed. ...
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Throwaway fast fashion model needs re-think
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack