Top stories on just-style this week...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story.
BANGLADESH: Garment factory blaze claims more lives
A sudden factory fire in Bangladesh is believed to have left around 20 people dead and hundreds more injured this week.
UK: Fashion workers in “climate of fear”
Workers supplying fashion items to some of the leading retail chains in the UK live in a “climate of fear” characterised by poverty wages, violence and denial of basic rights, according to two leading pressure groups.
ANALYSIS: Hong Kong added value offsets textile export dip
Hong Kong’s once powerhouse textiles and apparel sector is continuing its downward slide, but the government and experts believe value added apparel will survive and remain globally competitive.
WORLD: Child and forced labour still an industry problem
Garment, footwear and cotton producers continue to be among the worst offenders when it comes to the use of forced and child labour, according to three new reports just published by the US Labor Department.
Boot battle turn Ugg-ly
As winter's bony hand tightens its icy grip in the UK, Ugg boots are at peak popularity on the high street.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
Ugg boot owner Deckers Outdoor Corporation has booked a higher first quarter profit following a major increase in sales for its Ugg and Teva brands....
Deckers Outdoor Corporation has named Stephen Murray as president of Europe, Middle East and Africa, overseeing subsidiary and distributor businesses which include the Ugg Australia, Teva, Tsubo and S...
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Big data helps Crystal Group sustainability gains
- Brexit and the apparel industry – what lies ahead?
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- Brexit to halt deflation in UK clothing sector
- Under Armour opens manufacturing innovation hub
- Delta Galil buys VF Corp premium brands for $120m
- Nike faces domestic and future order headwinds
- Walmart's 'Made in USA' pledge misleading
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape