Top stories on just-style this week...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story.
BANGLADESH: Garment factory blaze claims more lives
A sudden factory fire in Bangladesh is believed to have left around 20 people dead and hundreds more injured this week.
UK: Fashion workers in “climate of fear”
Workers supplying fashion items to some of the leading retail chains in the UK live in a “climate of fear” characterised by poverty wages, violence and denial of basic rights, according to two leading pressure groups.
ANALYSIS: Hong Kong added value offsets textile export dip
Hong Kong’s once powerhouse textiles and apparel sector is continuing its downward slide, but the government and experts believe value added apparel will survive and remain globally competitive.
WORLD: Child and forced labour still an industry problem
Garment, footwear and cotton producers continue to be among the worst offenders when it comes to the use of forced and child labour, according to three new reports just published by the US Labor Department.
Boot battle turn Ugg-ly
As winter's bony hand tightens its icy grip in the UK, Ugg boots are at peak popularity on the high street.
Ugg boot owner Deckers Outdoor Corporation has booked a higher first quarter profit following a major increase in sales for its Ugg and Teva brands....
Deckers Outdoor Corporation has named Stephen Murray as president of Europe, Middle East and Africa, overseeing subsidiary and distributor businesses which include the Ugg Australia, Teva, Tsubo and S...
- What Marks & Spencer's numbers mean for clothing
- Balance essential in garment supply chain
- Tanzania adds to Africa’s apparel sourcing mix
- Supply chain weighs on Kering's green footprint
- Where next for 3D design and prototyping?
- AGOA delays drag on sourcing decisions
- American Eagle Outfitters Q1 earnings soar
- Apparel bright spot in Wal-Mart Q1
- EU and Turkey to update customs union
- Brandix named PVH ‘Global Supplier of the Year’