Top stories on just-style this week...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story.
BANGLADESH: Garment factory blaze claims more lives
A sudden factory fire in Bangladesh is believed to have left around 20 people dead and hundreds more injured this week.
UK: Fashion workers in “climate of fear”
Workers supplying fashion items to some of the leading retail chains in the UK live in a “climate of fear” characterised by poverty wages, violence and denial of basic rights, according to two leading pressure groups.
ANALYSIS: Hong Kong added value offsets textile export dip
Hong Kong’s once powerhouse textiles and apparel sector is continuing its downward slide, but the government and experts believe value added apparel will survive and remain globally competitive.
WORLD: Child and forced labour still an industry problem
Garment, footwear and cotton producers continue to be among the worst offenders when it comes to the use of forced and child labour, according to three new reports just published by the US Labor Department.
Boot battle turn Ugg-ly
As winter's bony hand tightens its icy grip in the UK, Ugg boots are at peak popularity on the high street.
Ugg boot owner Deckers Outdoor Corporation has booked a higher first quarter profit following a major increase in sales for its Ugg and Teva brands....
Deckers Outdoor Corporation has named Stephen Murray as president of Europe, Middle East and Africa, overseeing subsidiary and distributor businesses which include the Ugg Australia, Teva, Tsubo and S...
- Garment firms set sights on Vietnam amid TPP talks
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Tesco takes second stab at US market with F&F
- Wage strike by Cambodia garment workers falls flat
- H&M still committed to higher wages and Bangladesh
- Vietnam Q1 textile and garment exports surge 21.9%
- Alliance inspections more than 50% complete
- Gap to grow China sales to $1bn in three years
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy