Top stories on just-style this week...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story.
US: Deckers hit by Ugg counterfeiting
Hundreds of thousands of pairs of counterfeit Ugg boots were seized by customs officials around the world in 2010, according to brand owner Deckers Outdoor Corporation.
AUSTRALIA: Adidas backs supply chain research project
Sporting goods firm Adidas Group is funding a US$207,000 research project at the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT) in Australia, which will focus on boosting the company's supply chain.
EU: Anti-dumping duties on Chinese shoes likely to end
The chairman of the European Confederation of the Footwear Industry (CEC) has confirmed to just-style that his organisation will not seek a renewal of European Union (EU) anti-dumping duties on Chinese and Vietnamese shoe imports.
THE FLANARANT: A change of focus is key for apparel firms
Western apparel brands and retailers invest an inordinate amount of time on ambitious and elaborate programmes to tackle ethical problems - but on the issues that probably matter most, their performance seems to decline annually. Mike Flanagan suggests that "concentrate on what you can influence" should be the 2011 New Year's resolution for the garment trade.
In the money: Retailer fortunes ruled by snow business
A clutch of the UK's largest clothing retailers this week revealed how they had performed over the Christmas period, when the country saw some of its worst weather for 20 years. As Richard Woodard reports, there were clear winners and losers.
US footwear group Deckers Outdoor Corp has completed its purchase of action sport and footwear brand Sanuk....
US footwear firm Deckers Outdoor Corporation is to buy the action sport and footwear brand Sanuk in a deal worth US$120m....
Ugg boot owner Deckers Outdoor Corporation has booked a higher first quarter profit following a major increase in sales for its Ugg and Teva brands....
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies