Top stories on just-style this week...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story.
US: Deckers hit by Ugg counterfeiting
Hundreds of thousands of pairs of counterfeit Ugg boots were seized by customs officials around the world in 2010, according to brand owner Deckers Outdoor Corporation.
AUSTRALIA: Adidas backs supply chain research project
Sporting goods firm Adidas Group is funding a US$207,000 research project at the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT) in Australia, which will focus on boosting the company's supply chain.
EU: Anti-dumping duties on Chinese shoes likely to end
The chairman of the European Confederation of the Footwear Industry (CEC) has confirmed to just-style that his organisation will not seek a renewal of European Union (EU) anti-dumping duties on Chinese and Vietnamese shoe imports.
THE FLANARANT: A change of focus is key for apparel firms
Western apparel brands and retailers invest an inordinate amount of time on ambitious and elaborate programmes to tackle ethical problems - but on the issues that probably matter most, their performance seems to decline annually. Mike Flanagan suggests that "concentrate on what you can influence" should be the 2011 New Year's resolution for the garment trade.
In the money: Retailer fortunes ruled by snow business
A clutch of the UK's largest clothing retailers this week revealed how they had performed over the Christmas period, when the country saw some of its worst weather for 20 years. As Richard Woodard reports, there were clear winners and losers.
US footwear group Deckers Outdoor Corp has completed its purchase of action sport and footwear brand Sanuk....
US footwear firm Deckers Outdoor Corporation is to buy the action sport and footwear brand Sanuk in a deal worth US$120m....
Ugg boot owner Deckers Outdoor Corporation has booked a higher first quarter profit following a major increase in sales for its Ugg and Teva brands....
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- Bad sourcing blamed for pressure on retail margins
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Primark continues US expansion with third store
- $360m logistics investment to benefit Bangladesh
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)