Top stories on just-style this week...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read articles on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story.
UK: JJB Sports review threatens 95 stores
Embattled sporting goods retailer JJB Sports has announced plans to close 45 under-performing stores in the UK and review a further 50 in the next two years.
CANADA: Cotton costs weigh on Gildan’s stellar Q1
T-shirt and underwear maker Gildan Activewear Inc has got off to a record start to its latest financial year, with first-quarter sales up 50.3% in what is traditionally its lowest quarter. But the Montreal-based company warned the impact of higher cotton costs may force it to raise selling prices again in the second half of the year.
US: Nike reshuffles affiliates, apparel managers
Sporting goods giant Nike Inc has promoted Roger Wyett, the head of its Hurley International unit, to president of its Nike Affiliates portfolio.
12 industry trends facing apparel firms in 2011
In 2011 there will be new challenges and new opportunities for apparel manufacturers, retailers and brands. Based on insights from this month's just-style management briefing, we look at what the industry can expect in the year ahead.
US: Higher prices threaten China competitiveness
Higher prices for products sourced by US companies from China are threatening the country’s position as a low-cost supplying country, says a new survey by Global Sources.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
The sustainability field is often accused of spawning 'talking shops' and that is a tag no new initiative wants. The emphasis on its three clear goals, even in its earliest communications, underlines ...
Over the past decade and more, industry associations and individual companies have launched numerous initiatives with the aim of addressing and reducing the environmental and social impacts of clothin...
Apparel company Gildan Activewear lowered its full-year revenue and earnings forecasts despite an apparently buoyant third quarter which saw large increases in profit and sales....
Just three months after being tasked with leading the international expansion of Gap's Old Navy chain, John Ermatinger is heading for the Tommy Hilfiger Group, where he will lead its operations in Asi...
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- Pakistan textile mills fear rash of closures
- Metallised thread for "revolutionary" RFID tag
- VF Corp ups guidance on "strong" Q2
- Manufacturing in China falls to 15-month low
- Under Armour secures Germany and Austria deals
- Millennials "changing the game" for hosiery
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020