Top stories on just-style this week...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read articles on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story.
US: Apparel industry frustrated by trade deal delays
The Obama administration has reiterated its commitment to approving long-delayed trade deals with Colombia, Panama and South Korea this year - but frustrated the apparel industry by refusing to lay out a clear timetable for action.
US: Walmart, M&S, Levi's back apparel eco-index scheme
Leading apparel and footwear brands, retailers and manufacturers including Nike, Gap Inc, H&M, Levi Strauss, Marks & Spencer and Walmart are driving a new initiative to improve sustainability across the entire apparel and footwear sector.
US: J Crew to go private as shareholders OK buyout
Fashion retailer J Crew Group Inc is to go private again after shareholders yesterday (1 March) voted in favour of a $3bn takeover by TPG Capital and Leonard Green & Partners.
Adidas looks out for margin hazards
German sporting goods giant Adidas Group is to keep a close eye on margins during 2011, after forecasting rise in sales and earnings for the year ahead.
US: Strong Ugg sales lift Deckers Outdoor Q4
Deckers Outdoor Corporation says it expects earnings to rise by 10% in the year ahead after strong demand for its Ugg boots and international expansion helped lift fourth quarter and full-year profits rise by around one-third.
While the goal for many clothing manufacturers and brands is to gain an international presence, there is a key risk associated with selling the same designs in different global markets - the more far ...
Fashion retailer H&M has joined the Fair Wage Network initiative as part of its efforts to promote fair wages for workers across its global supply chain....
The technology in 'fire paint' used to protect steel beams in buildings and other structures has found a new life as a first-of-its-kind flame retardant for children's cotton sleepwear, terrycloth bat...
Costs incurred as part of the company's acquisition by private equity firms earlier this year have pushed US apparel chain J Crew to a second-quarter loss....
A fashion industry seminar focusing on contemporary tailoring is set to take place next month to explain how the latest products, practices, processes and research can help suppliers make better tailo...
The chairman of Li & Fung has said Christmas sales may match last year's, according to reports, with retailers likely to see same-store growth....
Sporting goods giant Adidas has become the latest company to win praise from environmental pressure group Greenpeace for pledging to eliminate the release of hazardous chemicals throughout its supply ...
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Hanesbrands praises supply chain efficiency
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- Wal-Mart US chief resignation little surprise
- Under Armour "bullish" in full-year guidance rise
- Macy’s increases sustainability efforts
- Wal-Mart replaces US division chief
- AAFA urges Senate to modify Bangladesh provisions
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges