Top stories on just-style this week...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read articles on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story.
Even though ongoing talks around the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade agreement involve nine nations, for the US textile industry Vietnam is seen as by far the biggest threat.
Clothing and accessory consumers are fickle at the best of times, and trying to nail down their desires in the growing eco-fashion niche is proving especially difficult as the industry moves toward environmental responsibility.
Adidas AG, the world’s second-largest sporting-goods maker, is on track to narrow the gap with arch rival Nike in the UK market – and aims to capture the top spot by 2015 according to company executives.
The Katunayake Free Trade Zone, Sri Lanka's largest export processing zone, is closed for the second day running after a violent clash between workers and police on Monday (30 May) left more than 300 workers in hospital.
Japanese retail chain Uniqlo has rolled out a new range of lightweight clothing to meet Government demand for people to save more energy.
With more and more own label apparel retailers eyeing growth in Asia and Latin America to make up for shortfalls in their domestic markets, Mike Flanagan asks whether a business formula that's running...
Fast Retailing Co, operator of the Uniqlo casual clothing chain, is to boost capital in its Singapore subsidiary by about SGD32m (US$24.4m) at the end of this month....
Sporting goods giant Nike is set to reveal how it implemented a successful fit standard at the annual sizing and fit seminar organised by fashion trade association Modint....
Some of the world's leading brands and retailers have teamed up to release a joint 'roadmap' outlining the steps they intend to take to achieve the goal of zero discharge of hazardous chemicals in the...
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy....
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020