Top stories on just-style this week...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read articles on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story.
Following the news of fashion group VF Corporation striking a deal to buy outdoor apparel and footwear firm Timberland for US$2bn, just-style looks into the history of the company, financial performance and its products and brands.
US fashion group VF Corporation has described its US$2bn acquisition of outdoor apparel group Timberland as a "milestone", ending a year long analysis of potential targets.
Fashion group VF Corporation has agreed a deal to buy outdoor apparel and footwear firm Timberland for US$2bn.
Spanish women's fashion chain Mango is looking for a department store partner to expand its flagship brand in the US, where it already has a strategic alliance with JC Penney.
Retailer JC Penney has appointed Apple retail supremo Ron Johnson as its new CEO, replacing Mike Ullman III who becomes the company's executive chairman.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
It says much about the buoyancy of VF Corporation's third quarter results that even the potential negatives - increased product costs, for instance - can be turned into positives....
Apparel seller PVH Corp has raised its full-year forecasts again, after strong sales of its Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein brands helped lift third-quarter earnings by 12.4%....
The most read stories on just-style this week included a look at the perfect storm facing the Australian retail sector, a look at how Ralph Lauren is offsetting higher prices and a look at the consume...
US lingerie maker Maidenform has appointed Malcolm Robinson as president, effective immediately....
Intimate apparel maker Maidenform Brands Inc has hired Phillips Van Heusen executive Malcolm Robinson as its new president, effective immediately....
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Wage abuses can’t be eliminated by software and PR
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- Adidas unveils "revolutionary" marathon shoe
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022