Top stories on just-style this week...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read articles on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story.
PAKISTAN: Industry eyes textile export surge next year
Pakistan's textile and clothing exports for the fiscal year to June 2012 are likely to rise by 45% on the previous year, according to projections from the All Pakistan Textile Mills Association (APTMA).
HONG KONG: Li & Fung to cut 40 jobs on European ops
Forty workers at the Hong Kong office of Li & Fung Ltd are to lose their jobs as the global sourcing giant realigns its business to meet the changing needs of European customers.
Speaking with style: Dr Harry Lee, CEO of TAL Apparel
TAL Apparel, one of the world's leading garment suppliers, has turned the threat of inflation across the supply chain into an opportunity to do things differently. Here CEO Dr Harry Lee tells just-style how the Hong Kong based firm's long-time focus on efficiency, sustainable development, and added value is helping to combat rising costs and set it apart from the competition.
SRI LANKA: Brandix to expand capacity in Bangladesh
Sri Lankan apparel giant Brandix is expanding its presence in Bangladesh with a US$14m investment that offers new capacity for woven bottoms and new sourcing options to customers, the company has told just-style.
BANGLADESH: Grameen Knitwear caught in labour dispute
Violent labour protests forced Bangladesh's Grameen Knitwear to close its factory in the Dhaka Export Processing Zone last week, but the company's top official has told just-style that work will resume in next two to three days.
Established skills and tradition were not enough to save some apparel makers from layoffs and factory closures in 2011. But acquisitions, an environmental focus and international expansion helped othe...
While some retailers continued to be vulnerable to cost-cutting, swingeing redundancies and store closures in 2011, others acted swiftly to respond to the changing economic circumstances, offering rea...
Among the most-read analysis articles on just-style in 2011 were stories relating to green fashion and sustainability, the impact of the earthquake and tsunami that devastated Japan, and sourcing oppo...
Hong Kong based investment firm Fung Brands is in exclusive talks with French luxury fashion brand Sonia Rykiel to take an 80% stake in the company....
Instead of our regular look at the top stories on just-style during the week, we thought a fitting end to the year would be to take a look at the top stories on just-style in 2011. What made the grade...
Brandix, one of the largest garment manufacturers in Asia and the largest in Sri Lanka, has installed Tukatech's apparel software system to help boost the efficiency of its product development and pro...
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- Myanmar garment sector experiencing rapid growth
- Fashion brands facing strong dollar “headwind”
- Tommy Hilfiger digital showroom to reduce samples
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- C&A to boost opportunities for women in India
- YKK “Eco-Dye” aims to cut zipper water waste
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead