Top stories on just-style this week...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read articles on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story.
PAKISTAN: Industry eyes textile export surge next year
Pakistan's textile and clothing exports for the fiscal year to June 2012 are likely to rise by 45% on the previous year, according to projections from the All Pakistan Textile Mills Association (APTMA).
HONG KONG: Li & Fung to cut 40 jobs on European ops
Forty workers at the Hong Kong office of Li & Fung Ltd are to lose their jobs as the global sourcing giant realigns its business to meet the changing needs of European customers.
Speaking with style: Dr Harry Lee, CEO of TAL Apparel
TAL Apparel, one of the world's leading garment suppliers, has turned the threat of inflation across the supply chain into an opportunity to do things differently. Here CEO Dr Harry Lee tells just-style how the Hong Kong based firm's long-time focus on efficiency, sustainable development, and added value is helping to combat rising costs and set it apart from the competition.
SRI LANKA: Brandix to expand capacity in Bangladesh
Sri Lankan apparel giant Brandix is expanding its presence in Bangladesh with a US$14m investment that offers new capacity for woven bottoms and new sourcing options to customers, the company has told just-style.
BANGLADESH: Grameen Knitwear caught in labour dispute
Violent labour protests forced Bangladesh's Grameen Knitwear to close its factory in the Dhaka Export Processing Zone last week, but the company's top official has told just-style that work will resume in next two to three days.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
Established skills and tradition were not enough to save some apparel makers from layoffs and factory closures in 2011. But acquisitions, an environmental focus and international expansion helped othe...
While some retailers continued to be vulnerable to cost-cutting, swingeing redundancies and store closures in 2011, others acted swiftly to respond to the changing economic circumstances, offering rea...
Among the most-read analysis articles on just-style in 2011 were stories relating to green fashion and sustainability, the impact of the earthquake and tsunami that devastated Japan, and sourcing oppo...
Hong Kong based investment firm Fung Brands is in exclusive talks with French luxury fashion brand Sonia Rykiel to take an 80% stake in the company....
Instead of our regular look at the top stories on just-style during the week, we thought a fitting end to the year would be to take a look at the top stories on just-style in 2011. What made the grade...
Brandix, one of the largest garment manufacturers in Asia and the largest in Sri Lanka, has installed Tukatech's apparel software system to help boost the efficiency of its product development and pro...
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Retailers warned of high volatility in Brexit wake
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- Under Armour opens manufacturing innovation hub
- Online fabric platform to "revolutionise" buying
- Uniqlo said to be scaling back US expansion
- Better Work Vietnam launches labour law mobile app
- Walmart's 'Made in USA' pledge misleading
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts