Top stories on just-style this week...
A forecast for apparel price rises over the next two decades, Reebok paying $25m in customer refunds over claims made for its toning footwear, and the loss of up to 500 jobs at dyes and chemicals maker Huntsman Textile Effects, were among the most-read stories on just-style this week.
WRC 2011: Li & Fung sees apparel price rises continuing
The president of Li & Fung US believes apparel prices will continue to rise over the next 10-20 years, even though cotton costs are falling. Rick Darling says that while unlikely to be at the same level as witnessed this year and last, the inflationary environment is here to say. He attributes the rising costs to China.
US: Reebok to pay $25m over toning shoe claims
Sportswear maker Reebok International Ltd is to pay $25m in customer refunds after making unsupported claims that its toning footwear would help wearers improve their fitness.
SWITZERLAND: Huntsman Textile Effects may cut 500 jobs
Dyes and chemicals maker Huntsman Textile Effects is to cut up to 500 jobs and possibly close its facilities in Switzerland as part of a restructuring move to increase its global competitiveness.
US: Former Carter's exec charged with fraud
A former executive vice president of Carter's Inc has been charged with financial fraud and insider trading at the children's clothing maker between 2004 and March 2009.
UK: Clothing retailers see volumes slump in September
More than a third of UK clothing retailers have recorded a drop in sales volume in September, as the country's retail sector continues to be hit by weak consumer confidence.
Seamless apparel specialist Tefron has today (30 March) posted a profit in its fourth-quarter, on the back of increased sales....
Adidas has announced that the managing director and COO of its Indian division have left the company. ...
Li & Fung Limited, the world's largest supplier of apparel and consumer goods, today (22 March) booked a 24% hike in full-year profit thanks to the expansion of its sourcing network and growth in its ...
Footwear firm The Rockport Company has named Tobias Reiss-Schmidt as its new president and CEO, replacing Michael Rupp who is to leave at the end of June....
Adidas has been sanctioned by the Japanese Fair Trade Commission after unlawfully pressuring retailers to stop offering discounts on Reebok EasyTone trainers....
Sneaker brand Keds has teamed up with retailer Madewell to launch a limited-edition capsule collection....
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Apparel industry not immune from Russia tensions
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Cotton prices set to slip on China policy change
- Nike appointments to drive growth opportunities
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey