Top stories on just-style this week...
A forecast for apparel price rises over the next two decades, Reebok paying $25m in customer refunds over claims made for its toning footwear, and the loss of up to 500 jobs at dyes and chemicals maker Huntsman Textile Effects, were among the most-read stories on just-style this week.
WRC 2011: Li & Fung sees apparel price rises continuing
The president of Li & Fung US believes apparel prices will continue to rise over the next 10-20 years, even though cotton costs are falling. Rick Darling says that while unlikely to be at the same level as witnessed this year and last, the inflationary environment is here to say. He attributes the rising costs to China.
US: Reebok to pay $25m over toning shoe claims
Sportswear maker Reebok International Ltd is to pay $25m in customer refunds after making unsupported claims that its toning footwear would help wearers improve their fitness.
SWITZERLAND: Huntsman Textile Effects may cut 500 jobs
Dyes and chemicals maker Huntsman Textile Effects is to cut up to 500 jobs and possibly close its facilities in Switzerland as part of a restructuring move to increase its global competitiveness.
US: Former Carter's exec charged with fraud
A former executive vice president of Carter's Inc has been charged with financial fraud and insider trading at the children's clothing maker between 2004 and March 2009.
UK: Clothing retailers see volumes slump in September
More than a third of UK clothing retailers have recorded a drop in sales volume in September, as the country's retail sector continues to be hit by weak consumer confidence.
Seamless apparel specialist Tefron has today (30 March) posted a profit in its fourth-quarter, on the back of increased sales....
Adidas has announced that the managing director and COO of its Indian division have left the company. ...
Li & Fung Limited, the world's largest supplier of apparel and consumer goods, today (22 March) booked a 24% hike in full-year profit thanks to the expansion of its sourcing network and growth in its ...
Footwear firm The Rockport Company has named Tobias Reiss-Schmidt as its new president and CEO, replacing Michael Rupp who is to leave at the end of June....
Adidas has been sanctioned by the Japanese Fair Trade Commission after unlawfully pressuring retailers to stop offering discounts on Reebok EasyTone trainers....
Sneaker brand Keds has teamed up with retailer Madewell to launch a limited-edition capsule collection....
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- US retailers' March 2014 sales roundup
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- Adidas plans mobile phone hotline at all suppliers
- VF Corp eyes speed to market with China hub
- City sees "no quick fix" for Debenhams
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Jeans in Italy
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects