Top stories on just-style this week...
Brand sales dominated two of the top stories on just-style this week, with news that Jones Group Inc is mulling the sale of its jeanswear unit to Delta Galil Industries, and Liz Claiborne Inc is to shed more brands, including its namesake line, for $328m.
US: Jones mulls sale of jeanswear unit to Delta Galil
Apparel and footwear company Jones Group Inc today (11 October) confirmed it is mulling the sale of its jeanswear division to Israeli apparel and lingerie maker Delta Galil Industries Ltd for up to $400m.
US: Liz Claiborne to change name amid $328m brand sale
Struggling apparel firm Liz Claiborne Inc is to shed more brands, including its namesake line, for $328m as part of ongoing attempts to reduce its long-term debt, and will change its name as the businesses refocuses on three core brands.
UK: Courtaulds hosiery site wins M&S eco-factory status
Courtaulds' West Mill hosiery plant in Belper, Derbyshire has become Marks & Spencer's first UK supplier site to gain eco-factory status.
US slowdown prompts Gap's strategic shift overseas
Gap's update on its global strategy says much about the shift in the balance of power for multinational fashion retail groups - acknowledging difficult times in North America, but also the key role that international markets will play in future growth.
INDIA: Textile sector in financial crisis
The US$62bn Indian textile industry is facing a severe financial crisis as 122 companies, including major players such as Vardhman, reported net losses for the April-June quarter of 2011.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
In the third of a series of articles looking at strategies to succeed in a period of industry decline, David Birnbaum looks at the reasons why so many fashion brands and retailers are doomed to fail....
You won't be reading about the name Liz Claiborne in a corporate sense for very much longer - and managers at the apparel business will be hoping that the change of name also signals a change in fortu...
Few incoming CEOs have put their stamp on their new company as quickly as JC Penney's Ron Johnson. His former life as head of retail at Apple is evident in the title of the new strategy for the ailing...
Several private-equity firms are said to have held discussions with Liz Claiborne Inc about taking the clothing company private, according to reports....
Former Tommy Hilfiger executive George Carrara has today (13 March) been named as the new finance and operations chief at apparel firm Liz Claiborne Inc....
US department store retailer JC Penney Company Inc has announced nine new appointments as part of ongoing plans to overhaul its business, including the promotion of Liz Sweney as chief merchant leadin...
Apparel company Liz Claiborne recorded a strong increase in fourth quarter profit, but saw its most significant brand lose sales over the crucial Christmas trading period....
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Why TPP implementation is far from a done deal
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Cambodia leads US apparel import growth in August
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- Cambodia sets new minimum wage at US$140
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- Vietnam releases new textile dye regulations
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry