Top stories on just-style this week...
Among the most-read stories on just-style this week was a report that Chinese clothing and textile manufacturers have instigated new wage rises, Limited Brands hit back at allegations child labour is used on farms in Burkina Faso that grow Fairtrade organic cotton used in Victoria's Secret garments, and 249 jobs were axed as value clothing retailer Peacocks went into administration.
CHINA: Manufacturers raise wages amid labour shortages
Chinese clothing and textile manufacturers in key provinces are raising wages amidst heightened fears of labour shortages.
BURKINA FASO: Limited Brands, Fairtrade challenge child labour claims
US retailer Limited Brands and certification body Fairtrade International have challenged a series of allegations that claim child labour is used on farms in Burkina Faso that grow Fairtrade organic cotton used in Victoria's Secret garments.
UK: Peacocks administrators axe 249 HQ jobs
The joint administrators in UK value clothing retailer Peacocks have said 249 head office staff are to lose their jobs.
In the money: Tesco looks online as clothing sales fall
At the same time as Tesco revealed falling clothing sales over the Christmas period, the UK's largest supermarket retailer also signalled a shift away from expanding its hypermarket presence and a renews focus on its online offer.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Luxury goods positioned at accessible price points are a key industry battleground, and increasingly the core revenue drivers of some of the fastest growing luxury goods players, including Mulberry, J...
Audit fatigue among many clothing suppliers has prompted firms like Nike and Levi Strauss to adopt new strategies for driving standards among manufacturers. This is just one of the responses to what M...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' June 2012 sales results. ...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' May 2012 sales results. ...
The latest figures issued by the Colombian government show that in 2011, the country's exports of textiles and clothing totalled almost US$1.41bn, an increase of 8% on the previous year. ...
US-based teen apparel retailer American Eagle Outfitters is seeking a new chief financial officer after Joan Hilson stepped down on Friday (18 May)....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts