Top stories on just-style this week...
Top stories on just-style this week include India's ban on cotton exports, the news of Fenn Wright Manson going into administration and George's acquisition of its major supplier, GAAT's sourcing arm.
INDIA: Imposes ban on all cotton exports
The Indian government today (5 March) imposed a ban on all cotton exports from the country, in a move that is likely to put pressure on global supplies and prices.
UK: Fenn Wright Manson goes into administration
Fashion brand Fenn Wright Manson has gone into administration, after struggling with cash flow problems amid the challenging retail environment.
Industry plays down India's cotton export ban
Industry watchers seem to have shrugged off initial concerns that India's decision to impose a ban on all cotton exports from the country for the second time in nearly two years will lead to pressure on global supplies and higher prices.
UK: George acquires Turkish supplier GAAT
Asda's George fashion brand is to acquire the sourcing arm of its Turkish supplier GAAT, in a move the retailer says will enable it to continue to develop its world class supply operation.
The Flanarant: Cotton chaos - fear, greed or foul-up?
Why, when it produces 30% more cotton than it consumes, and when the world's unused stocks of cotton are forecast to be 50% higher by the middle of 2013 than they were in 2010, has India banned cotton exports? And why is its government so desperate as to ban even cotton exports it's already approved? Mike Flanagan takes a look.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
The stagnating UK economy means that for many retailers and brands, growth will have to come internationally. An event hosted recently by the British Retail Consortium (BRC) outlined the opportunities...
Retail sales in the UK during August were flat, according to the CBI's latest Distributive Trades Survey, but business sentiment deteriorated sharply....
High street retailers reported a third consecutive month of rising year-on-year sales and orders in July, the Confederation of British Industry (CBI) said today (30 July), but it said the rate of UK r...
Former Marks & Spencer buying and design director Helen Low will return to Asda in October to take on the role of general manager for design at George at Asda....
Former Mothercare CFO Neil Harrington is set to join clothing and homewares retailer Cath Kidston later this year. ...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include just-style's June management briefing focusing on fast fashion, N Brown announcing the retirement of its CEO and chairman, and a report that Nicar...
Asda has selected a supply chain process platform from provider Manhattan Associates to support the growth of its online business Asda Direct....
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Freeing up working capital in the supply chain
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Hungary offers a mix of strengths and weaknesses
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- Golden Lady creates a new man-made fibre
- China and ASEAN upgrade FTA
- 3D tool uses product data to shake up shopping
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015