Top stories on just-style this week...
Top stories on just-style this week included news that a coalition of industry groups is calling for an to end violent unrest in Cambodia, the Indian government's plans to partially roll back its cotton export ban, and Marks & Spencer's launch of a tailoring line in collaboration with Richard James.
CAMBODIA: Apparel coalition calls for end to violent unrest
Brands and retailers including Puma, H&M, Gap Inc, Columbia Sportswear, American Eagle Outfitters, The Jones Group, Warnaco Inc and Lululemon Athletica have joined a coalition of industry groups calling for an end to the violent unrest that continues to plague Cambodia's garment sector.
INDIA: Government to partially roll-back cotton export ban
The Indian government today (12 March) announced a partial U-turn on the cotton ban it introduced last week, after a meeting of the Agriculture, Commerce and Textile ministries on Friday.
UK: M&S launches tailoring line with Richard James
Retailer Marks & Spencer is set to launch a 'Savile Row Inspired' men's wear range, developed in partnership with tailor Richard James, at the end of this month.
US: JCPenney promotes Sweney to lead apparel overhaul
US department store retailer JC Penney Company Inc has announced nine new appointments as part of ongoing plans to overhaul its business, including the promotion of Liz Sweney as chief merchant leading the reinvention of its apparel portfolio.
UK: M&S confirms departure of clothing director Skinner
UK clothing retail giant Marks & Spencer today (13 March) confirmed the departure of long-serving clothing executive Andrew Skinner.
Companies: Puma AG, H&M Hennes & Mauritz AB, Gap Inc, Columbia Sportswear Company, American Eagle Outfitters, Warnaco Group Inc, Lululemon Athletica Inc, JC Penney Company Inc, Marks & Spencer Group Plc
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
A decade after the launch of the International Labor Organization's (ILO) Better Factories Cambodia scheme, a new report describes the initiative as a "positive development" - but says more should be ...
As information continues to emerge on the devastating fire that killed around 300 workers at a garment factory in Pakistan earlier this week, brands sourcing from the country are being urged to undert...
German outdoor clothing brand Jack Wolfskin plans to ban a chemical used in water-repellent coatings for textiles....
Pressure from investors has spurred teen apparel retailer Abercrombie & Fitch to hire investment banking firm Goldman Sachs, according to reports....
Men's wear manufacturer Haggar Clothing Co has appointed Tony Anzovino as vice president of sourcing as it positions itself for further growth....
Michael Francis, the marketing and merchandising executive who left JC Penney Company in June after just eight months at the department store retailer, is to join fashion retail giant Gap Inc as marke...
Teen clothing retailer Abercrombie & Fitch has been recognised by a group of industrial investors for its efforts to improve the sustainability of its business and plans to cut greenhouse gas emission...
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape