Top stories on just-style this week...
Top stories on just-style this week included Next posting a jump in full-year profits, news that PVH plans to commit $1m to improve garment factories in Bangladesh and Sports Direct buying World Design & Trade Co's Firetrap brand.
UK: Next FY weathers "perfect economic storm"
UK clothing retailer Next has seen its profits jump by 18.4% during 2011, despite a "perfect economic storm" in which "anaemic" consumer demand combined with rising input costs and higher VAT.
CHINA: China to become "e-commerce super power"
China is set to become the world's next e-commerce super power, overtaking the US by 2015, according to research released by luxury Chinese e-commerce group VIPStore.
BANGLADESH: PVH commits $1m to improving factory safety
Apparel maker PVH Corp today (21 March) revealed plans to commit $1m to improving conditions in Bangladesh's garment factories - as an ABC News report prepares to criticise it for continuing to source clothes at a facility where dozens of workers died in a fire.
Spotlight on... What is the future for UK apparel manufacturing?
UK high street retailers have been making a lot of noise of late about increasing their local sourcing. But with the domestic manufacturing sector now just a shadow of its former self, how realistic is such a move? Petah Marian reports.
UK: Sports Direct saves Firetrap from administration
Retailer Sports Direct has acquired World Design & Trade Co's Firetrap brand, which collapsed into administration last week with the loss of 51 jobs.
Companies: Sports Direct International Plc
The UK's Office of Fair Trading is expected to investigate any attempt by Sports Direct to acquire 180 stores from rival JJB Sports, which is expected to file for administration this week, according t...
UK sporting goods retailer Sports Direct saw first-quarter sales boosted by the Olympics and deep price cuts. ...
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Throwaway fast fashion model needs re-think
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack