Top stories on just-style this week...
UAE: Primark considers legal action over fake Dubai store
UK based value fashion retailer Primark is considering its legal options after a fake Primark store opened in the United Arab Emirates this week.
VIEWPOINT: Apparel firms cautiously optimistic about Burma
In its constant search for cheaper and cheaper production bases around the world, there are few places the apparel and textile industry has left untouched. But could Burma - also called Myanmar - be the next frontier?
MEXICO: Wal-Mart investigates corruption claims
Retail giant Wal-Mart Stores Inc has admitted it is investigating reports that it engaged in systematic bribery to clear the way for store openings in Mexico during the early 2000s.
BANGLADESH: Apparel groups urge probe into activist's death
Trade groups representing thousands of buyers in the apparel, retail, licensing, and footwear industries in the US, Canada, and Europe are appealing to the Bangladeshi government for a full investigation into the death of a labour activist and former apparel worker who was found tortured and killed outside Dhaka earlier this month.
US: Congress launches Wal-Mart bribery probe
Two US Congressmen have launched an investigation into allegations of bribery at Wal-Mart's Mexican operations, after reports emerged that it covered up some US$24m in payoffs to clear the way for store openings.
While the focus on emerging markets for the big international clothing companies has traditionally been to view them as outsourcing opportunities, there are a lot of people with a lot of money in thes...
Moves last week by the Indian government to open the country's multi-brand retail sector to foreign investment have been hailed as everything from a "historic decision" to a "big bang" reform. But obs...
Wal-Mart has extended its sustainability goals with plans to buy 70% of the products it sells in its US Wal-Mart and Sam's Club stores from suppliers who use its Sustainability Index to share the sust...
Wal-Mart Stores said it intends to reduce its capital expenditure in fiscal 2014, but emphasised it will add roughly the same amount of retail space as this year....
Leading apparel brands including Gap, Adidas and H&M Hennes & Mauritz are looking at ways to reduce pollution within their supply chains following accusations that they were purchasing clothing from s...
Stronger sales and lower markdowns has helped US discount retailer Family Dollar to today (3 October) book a rise in fourth quarter and full-year net profit....
A sourcing deal inked more than two years ago between Li & Fung and Wal-Mart Stores has been replaced by a new agreement that allows the global supply chain manager to offer a range of new services to...
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- PVH to take control of Tommy Hilfiger China unit
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024