Top stories on just-style this week...
UAE: Primark considers legal action over fake Dubai store
UK based value fashion retailer Primark is considering its legal options after a fake Primark store opened in the United Arab Emirates this week.
VIEWPOINT: Apparel firms cautiously optimistic about Burma
In its constant search for cheaper and cheaper production bases around the world, there are few places the apparel and textile industry has left untouched. But could Burma - also called Myanmar - be the next frontier?
MEXICO: Wal-Mart investigates corruption claims
Retail giant Wal-Mart Stores Inc has admitted it is investigating reports that it engaged in systematic bribery to clear the way for store openings in Mexico during the early 2000s.
BANGLADESH: Apparel groups urge probe into activist's death
Trade groups representing thousands of buyers in the apparel, retail, licensing, and footwear industries in the US, Canada, and Europe are appealing to the Bangladeshi government for a full investigation into the death of a labour activist and former apparel worker who was found tortured and killed outside Dhaka earlier this month.
US: Congress launches Wal-Mart bribery probe
Two US Congressmen have launched an investigation into allegations of bribery at Wal-Mart's Mexican operations, after reports emerged that it covered up some US$24m in payoffs to clear the way for store openings.
While the focus on emerging markets for the big international clothing companies has traditionally been to view them as outsourcing opportunities, there are a lot of people with a lot of money in thes...
Moves last week by the Indian government to open the country's multi-brand retail sector to foreign investment have been hailed as everything from a "historic decision" to a "big bang" reform. But obs...
Wal-Mart has extended its sustainability goals with plans to buy 70% of the products it sells in its US Wal-Mart and Sam's Club stores from suppliers who use its Sustainability Index to share the sust...
Wal-Mart Stores said it intends to reduce its capital expenditure in fiscal 2014, but emphasised it will add roughly the same amount of retail space as this year....
Leading apparel brands including Gap, Adidas and H&M Hennes & Mauritz are looking at ways to reduce pollution within their supply chains following accusations that they were purchasing clothing from s...
Stronger sales and lower markdowns has helped US discount retailer Family Dollar to today (3 October) book a rise in fourth quarter and full-year net profit....
A sourcing deal inked more than two years ago between Li & Fung and Wal-Mart Stores has been replaced by a new agreement that allows the global supply chain manager to offer a range of new services to...
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Responsible apparel sourcing requires teamwork
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- New JC Penney CEO “credible but no solution”
- UPDATE: A&F appoints Horowitz to head Hollister
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Fire and safety events to converge on Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam