Top stories on just-style this week...
Top stories on just-style this week include analysts' views on M&S reporting a 0.2% rise in clothing sales during its first quarter, American Eagle Outfitters looking to sell off part or all of its children's brand 77kids, plans by retailers to back a three-year programme to clean up production in the Bangladeshi garment industry.
The verdict from the City: M&S's annual results
Marks & Spencer, often seen as a barometer for wider trading conditions in the retail sector in the UK, has reported mixed annual results. Sales and gross margin from food was higher but challenges remain elsewhere in the business - including women's wear. The retailer also cut the top end of its group sales forecasts.
US: American Eagle to drop 77kids children's brand
Teen apparel retailer American Eagle Outfitters is looking at selling part or all of its loss-making children's brand 77kids, after revealing plans to exit the business.
CAMBODIA: Garment workers strike as talks collapse
Talks to try to end an 11-day strike at a Cambodian supplier that makes garments for international brands including Gap, Levi's and H&M broke down after a day of negotiations.
Outlook bright as Gap hails product progress
One of the bright spots - quite literally - in the first three months of Gap Inc's new financial year has been the success of its spring collection, which helped lift sales by 6% and prompted CEO Glenn Murphy to say the firm now has a "small win" to celebrate.
BANGLADESH: Fashion firms back factory clean-up scheme
Leading global brands and retailers including H&M, Levi Strauss, Carrefour and Tesco have backed a three-year programme to clean up production in the Bangladeshi garment industry.
Around 250 Indian garment workers from Bangalore, Gurgaon and Tirupur have attended a tribunal event being held this week to talk about poverty pay, harassment and abuse in factories that make clothes...
In a bid to boost collaboration on key sustainability initiatives across the US apparel and footwear industry, the American Apparel & Footwear Association (AAFA) and the Sustainable Apparel Coalition ...
Twenty leading fashion brands are selling clothing contaminated with chemicals with hormone-disrupting or cancer-causing properties when released into the environment, according to Greenpeace Internat...
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- India's labour law reforms edge a step closer
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- Under Armour "resonating strongly" with consumers
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- Ultrasonic execs disappear along with company cash
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details