Top stories on just-style this week...
The most read stories on just-style this week included the latest Flanarant on "Offshoring 3.0", a story on which towns will pilot Mary Portas' high street recommendations, and H&M's plans to increase sourcing in Bangladesh.
The Flanarant: What's the real cost of Offshoring 3.0?
Audit fatigue among many clothing suppliers has prompted firms like Nike and Levi Strauss to adopt new strategies for driving standards among manufacturers. This is just one of the responses to what Mike Flanagan describes as 'Offshoring 3.0' - where companies begin to take measures to correct the downsides of overseas production. Here he asks what it means to the cost of garment procurement.
UK: Government announces Portas pilots
The UK government has revealed the 12 centres to pilot Mary Portas' recommendations to revitalise their high streets.
BANGLADESH: H&M looks to increase Bangladeshi sourcing - reports
Hennes & Mauritz H&M has reportedly revealed that it wants to source more products from Bangladesh, but unrest and violet strikes are making expansion in the country difficult.
US: Retailers' May 2012 sales roundup
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' May 2012 sales results.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
The CEO of clothing retailer Coldwater Creek, Dennis Pence, will retire at the end of the year, leaving chief merchandising officer Jill Brown Dean to take the helm. ...
US women's wear retailer New York & Co saw net losses narrow during the third quarter as it worked to improve top line sales and gross margin. ...
The European radio frequency identification (RFID) market is set to explode, with forecasts suggesting it will be worth US$3.2bn in 2017, up from $289.6m in 2011. ...
The garment factory in Bangladesh where a fire at the weekend killed at least 111 people and injured another 100 had been making clothing for Wal-Mart without its knowledge, the world's largest retail...
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Trump’s China tariff a self-serving sound-bite
- Bad sourcing blamed for pressure on retail margins
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Primark continues US expansion with third store
- $360m logistics investment to benefit Bangladesh
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)