Top stories on just-style this week...
The most read stories on just-style this week included the latest Flanarant on "Offshoring 3.0", a story on which towns will pilot Mary Portas' high street recommendations, and H&M's plans to increase sourcing in Bangladesh.
The Flanarant: What's the real cost of Offshoring 3.0?
Audit fatigue among many clothing suppliers has prompted firms like Nike and Levi Strauss to adopt new strategies for driving standards among manufacturers. This is just one of the responses to what Mike Flanagan describes as 'Offshoring 3.0' - where companies begin to take measures to correct the downsides of overseas production. Here he asks what it means to the cost of garment procurement.
UK: Government announces Portas pilots
The UK government has revealed the 12 centres to pilot Mary Portas' recommendations to revitalise their high streets.
BANGLADESH: H&M looks to increase Bangladeshi sourcing - reports
Hennes & Mauritz H&M has reportedly revealed that it wants to source more products from Bangladesh, but unrest and violet strikes are making expansion in the country difficult.
US: Retailers' May 2012 sales roundup
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' May 2012 sales results.
The CEO of clothing retailer Coldwater Creek, Dennis Pence, will retire at the end of the year, leaving chief merchandising officer Jill Brown Dean to take the helm. ...
US women's wear retailer New York & Co saw net losses narrow during the third quarter as it worked to improve top line sales and gross margin. ...
The European radio frequency identification (RFID) market is set to explode, with forecasts suggesting it will be worth US$3.2bn in 2017, up from $289.6m in 2011. ...
The garment factory in Bangladesh where a fire at the weekend killed at least 111 people and injured another 100 had been making clothing for Wal-Mart without its knowledge, the world's largest retail...
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- Abercrombie & Fitch to lose logos in fashion focus
- Hanesbrands axes Costa Rican jobs in Vietnam move
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Apparel fuels global manufacturing downturn
- VF taps Nike exec to lead innovation centres
- Bagir to invest in Ethiopia as H1 loss deepens
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details