Top stories on just-style this week...
Among the most-read stories on just-style this week was news that warmer weather boosted UK retail sales in May, research suggesting radio-frequency identification (RFID) technology will be widespread in the global apparel industry by 2017, and the commitment by outdoor wear retailer Jack Wolfskin to switch to organic cotton.
UK: Warmer weather boosts retail sales in May
Warmer weather at the tail end of May boosted UK retail sales, according to the latest statistics released today (7 June) by the British Retail Consortium (BRC) and KPMG.
US: RFID in apparel set for rapid growth
New research has suggested there will be widespread implementation of radio-frequency identification (RFID) technology into the global apparel industry by 2017, with revenues more than tripling over a seven-year period.
GERMANY: Jack Wolfskin commits to organic cotton
Outdoor wear retailer Jack Wolfskin has revealed plans to use certified organic cotton in all of its apparel from next summer.
ITALY: Bosco Sport Italy implements YuniquePLM
Bosco Sport Italy, a manufacturer for Russian apparel giant Bosco Sport, has implemented YuniquePLM from Gerber Technology to help meet its commitment to deliver Olympic uniforms, sportswear and leisure apparel to the chain's 65 retail stores.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Clothing manufacturer Oxford Industries has cut its full-year earnings target, blaming a "disappointing performance" at its Ben Sherman brand, and the impact of Hurricane Sandy....
Lifestyle clothing company Tommy Bahama, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Oxford Industries, has opened its largest flagship store in New York....
A search is underway for a new chief executive officer at Ben Sherman after Pan Philippou left the Oxford Industries-owned fashion brand earlier this week....
Gerber Technology has introduced a wide version of its GerberCutter GtxL, which is designed to cut technical textiles and knitwear as wide as 2.2m....
CEO of clothing manufacturer Oxford Industries Hicks Lanier will retire at the end of the year leaving president Tom Chubb to take the helm....
Gerber Technology has set up a new business unit to emphasise its integrated software solutions for product design, development and sourcing for the retail, footwear, apparel and accessories industrie...
Marcraft Apparel Group has signed a licensing agreement with Lanier Clothes to produce topcoats and rainwear under the Kenneth Cole New York, Kenneth Cole Reaction and Unlisted by Kenneth Cole Product...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts