Top stories on just-style this week...
Top stories on just-style this week include the addition of 4,000 jobs at Wal-Mart Canada this year, rumours that Tesco is seeking a commercial director for its domestic business, and a report that emerging Asian countries hold the key to the global apparel sourcing.
CANADA: Wal-Mart Canada to create 4,000 job opportunities
Wal-Mart Stores Canada has announced it will create 4,000 jobs this year, in a bid to support the company's growth plans.
UK: Tesco silent on commercial director appointment
UK retail giant Tesco has declined to comment on reports it is looking to recruit a commercial director in a bid to turnaround its domestic business.
Emerging Asian countries hold apparel sourcing key
Emerging Asian countries hold the key to the future of the global apparel sourcing industry, according to a new research report from just-style.
UK: A quarter of UK retailers at risk of collapse
More than a quarter of UK retailers are currently in the "caution" or "high risk" band of company failure in the next 12 months, according to research by insolvency trade body R3.
GERMANY: Tom Tailor acquires European retailer Bonita
German apparel brand Tom Tailor has acquired European clothing retailer Bonita from Versorgungs- und Förderungsstiftung in a EUR150m (US$187.3m) deal that will take its portfolio to more than 1,350 retail stores.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
Textile-making countries came up against a range of labour, economic and environmental issues in 2012, including the worsening Eurozone crisis which dampened demand in key export markets. While some s...
Faced with continuing challenging trading conditions in 2012, retailers responded with a number of different strategies to try to grow their businesses. International expansion, new and larger format ...
Among the most-read analysis articles on just-style in 2012 were stories relating to the clothing industry in Burma, the importance of speed to market, and the future of the UK apparel manufacturing i...
Among the most-read comment articles on just-style this year were a look at China's competitiveness and the sourcing potential of Bangladesh and Burma, as well as the challenges facing retailers inclu...
Swiss group CHT Bezema has opened what is thought to be the first bonded warehouse supplying dyes and chemicals to Ethiopia's growing textile and clothing industry....
UK retailer Sainsbury's has dismissed reports its chief executive Justin King could step down from his role in February....
In the wake of recent factory fires in Bangladesh and Pakistan that have killed hundreds of workers, a US-based labour rights group has accused apparel buyers of hiding problems identified in audits....
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- Nicaragua apparel and shoe firms to double in size
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- H&M scaling up living wage effort to key suppliers
- US Q2 in brief: G-III, Shoe Carnival, J Crew
- Myanmar approves first minimum wage
- EU clothing buyers should brace for higher prices
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020