Top stories on just-style this week...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include just-style's June management briefing focusing on fast fashion, N Brown announcing the retirement of its CEO and chairman, and a report that Nicaragua's potential as a major footwear supplier is attracting interest from the likes of Clarks, Dillard's and Brown Shoe Company.
just-style management briefing: Fast fashion shifts supply chain focus
Global manufacturing and supply chains are shifting and changing in response to fast fashion's demand for up-to-the-minute styles and trends at relatively low prices.
UK: N Brown CEO and chairman to retire as revenues rise
Internet and catalogue home shopping retailer N Brown Group has announced the retirement of its chief executive Alan White and chairman Lord Alliance of Manchester, as the company saw revenues rise 2.5% today (3 July).
Nicaragua making strides as a footwear supplier
From a near standing start less than two years ago, Nicaragua's potential as a major footwear supplier to the US and Europe is already attracting interest from brands and retailers including Geox, Clarks, Dillard's and Brown Shoe Company.
Comment: It's not about the cost of labour
The cost of labour is just one element that needs to be taken into account when it comes to evaluating supplier factories and countries. And, as David Birnbaum shows here, cost doesn't necessarily correlate with market share.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
Weak consumer spending, difficulties in securing credit, competition from China and the Far East resulted in factory closures and subsequent layoffs in 2012. But ramping up labour and sustainability s...
A campaign to extend the wool selling season by driving sales in hot climates has launched at the the Middle East at the Dubai Mall and is set to be joined by a number of tailors and retailers over th...
Ten Los Angeles based garment contractors making clothes for retailers including Dillard's, Forever 21, Ross Stores and Urban Outfitters have been accused of serious labour violations....
New Zealand-based outdoor apparel company Icebreaker has won a long-running legal dispute in the US after Italian fashion design house Gilmar complained its Iceberg trademark had been infringed....
The CEO of clothing retailer Coldwater Creek, Dennis Pence, will retire at the end of the year, leaving chief merchandising officer Jill Brown Dean to take the helm. ...
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015