Top stories on just-style this week...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include just-style's June management briefing focusing on fast fashion, N Brown announcing the retirement of its CEO and chairman, and a report that Nicaragua's potential as a major footwear supplier is attracting interest from the likes of Clarks, Dillard's and Brown Shoe Company.
just-style management briefing: Fast fashion shifts supply chain focus
Global manufacturing and supply chains are shifting and changing in response to fast fashion's demand for up-to-the-minute styles and trends at relatively low prices.
UK: N Brown CEO and chairman to retire as revenues rise
Internet and catalogue home shopping retailer N Brown Group has announced the retirement of its chief executive Alan White and chairman Lord Alliance of Manchester, as the company saw revenues rise 2.5% today (3 July).
Nicaragua making strides as a footwear supplier
From a near standing start less than two years ago, Nicaragua's potential as a major footwear supplier to the US and Europe is already attracting interest from brands and retailers including Geox, Clarks, Dillard's and Brown Shoe Company.
Comment: It's not about the cost of labour
The cost of labour is just one element that needs to be taken into account when it comes to evaluating supplier factories and countries. And, as David Birnbaum shows here, cost doesn't necessarily correlate with market share.
Weak consumer spending, difficulties in securing credit, competition from China and the Far East resulted in factory closures and subsequent layoffs in 2012. But ramping up labour and sustainability s...
A campaign to extend the wool selling season by driving sales in hot climates has launched at the the Middle East at the Dubai Mall and is set to be joined by a number of tailors and retailers over th...
Ten Los Angeles based garment contractors making clothes for retailers including Dillard's, Forever 21, Ross Stores and Urban Outfitters have been accused of serious labour violations....
New Zealand-based outdoor apparel company Icebreaker has won a long-running legal dispute in the US after Italian fashion design house Gilmar complained its Iceberg trademark had been infringed....
The CEO of clothing retailer Coldwater Creek, Dennis Pence, will retire at the end of the year, leaving chief merchandising officer Jill Brown Dean to take the helm. ...
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Transparency call for German apparel firms
- Lululemon Athletica on “strong growth” track
- PVH “pleased” after swinging to Q4 profit
- Organic cotton assessment tool launches
- El Corte Ingles to accelerate time to market
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019