Top stories on just-style this week...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include just-style's June management briefing focusing on fast fashion, N Brown announcing the retirement of its CEO and chairman, and a report that Nicaragua's potential as a major footwear supplier is attracting interest from the likes of Clarks, Dillard's and Brown Shoe Company.
just-style management briefing: Fast fashion shifts supply chain focus
Global manufacturing and supply chains are shifting and changing in response to fast fashion's demand for up-to-the-minute styles and trends at relatively low prices.
UK: N Brown CEO and chairman to retire as revenues rise
Internet and catalogue home shopping retailer N Brown Group has announced the retirement of its chief executive Alan White and chairman Lord Alliance of Manchester, as the company saw revenues rise 2.5% today (3 July).
Nicaragua making strides as a footwear supplier
From a near standing start less than two years ago, Nicaragua's potential as a major footwear supplier to the US and Europe is already attracting interest from brands and retailers including Geox, Clarks, Dillard's and Brown Shoe Company.
Comment: It's not about the cost of labour
The cost of labour is just one element that needs to be taken into account when it comes to evaluating supplier factories and countries. And, as David Birnbaum shows here, cost doesn't necessarily correlate with market share.
Weak consumer spending, difficulties in securing credit, competition from China and the Far East resulted in factory closures and subsequent layoffs in 2012. But ramping up labour and sustainability s...
A campaign to extend the wool selling season by driving sales in hot climates has launched at the the Middle East at the Dubai Mall and is set to be joined by a number of tailors and retailers over th...
Ten Los Angeles based garment contractors making clothes for retailers including Dillard's, Forever 21, Ross Stores and Urban Outfitters have been accused of serious labour violations....
New Zealand-based outdoor apparel company Icebreaker has won a long-running legal dispute in the US after Italian fashion design house Gilmar complained its Iceberg trademark had been infringed....
The CEO of clothing retailer Coldwater Creek, Dennis Pence, will retire at the end of the year, leaving chief merchandising officer Jill Brown Dean to take the helm. ...
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Apparel industry not immune from Russia tensions
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Nike appointments to drive growth opportunities
- Cotton prices set to slip on China policy change
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey