Top stories on just-style this week...
Top stories on just-style this week include a look at the challenges facing continued garment export growth in Bangladesh, the launch of Adidas' DryDye t-shirts and an interview with Fernando Capellán, founder and president of Grupo M.
Bangladesh garment export growth "facing challenges"
Bangladesh must address a number of challenges if it is to maintain recent strong growth in garment exports, according to a new report from The World Bank.
GERMANY: Adidas launches sustainable DryDye T-shirts
Sportswear giant Adidas has launched a range of DryDye T-shirts, which are dyed using pressurised CO2 instead of water.
Speaking with style: Fernando Capellán, founder and president, Grupo M
With apparel manufacturing operations bridging the Dominican Republic and neighbouring Haiti, Grupo M's co-production model is an exemplary example of trade preferences in action. Here company founder and president Fernando Capellán tells just-style about the opportunities that lie ahead.
US: PVH inks Arrow shirt license with Seidensticker
Having successfully repositioned its Arrow brand in existing European markets and introduced it to new territories over the past few years, apparel maker PVH Corp is now expanding the label further after inking a new licensing deal with the Seidensticker Group.
In the money: Hanesbrands left counting cotton cost
Unless you've been living on Mars or have been trapped under something heavy for the past year or so, you won't need telling about the cotton price hikes of recent times.
A number of major clothing brands have been accused of "fuelling modern-day slavery" through their failure to address child and forced labour in their supply chains, according to a report released by ...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports Apparel, and Fitness Clothing. The report provides separate comprehe...
US clothing manufacturer Hanesbrands has revealed plans to double production at its Woolwine fabric plant in Virginia by adding new knitting machines....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Children's Wear in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Boys Wear, Girls Wear, and Infants & Toddlers Wear. The report provides separate compre...
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Adidas plans mobile phone hotline at all suppliers
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy