Top stories on just-style this week...
Top stories on just-style this week include the news that hundreds of garment workers were killed in two factory fires in Pakistan, Burberry's share price was hit by a profit warning, and US apparel groups warned of possible port strike disruption.
PAKISTAN: Hundreds of garment workers perish in factory fire
Labour rights groups are calling for action after fires killed around 265 garment and footwear factory workers in two separate incidents in Pakistan yesterday (11 September).
UK: Burberry shares hit by FY profit warning
UK luxury brand Burberry's share price has dropped this morning after it warned that its full-year profits will be at the "lower end of market expectations" following a slowdown in sales growth.
US: Apparel groups warn of possible port strike disruption
Groups representing retailers, brands and importers from several sectors, including apparel and footwear, have joined calls urging the resumption of talks to try to prevent a strike by dock workers at East and Gulf Coast ports ahead of the busy holiday season.
Indian denim makers shrug off indigo price rise
Indian denim manufacturers are coping better than alarmist reports would suggest with a 25% rise in the price of synthetic indigo dye imported from China. They have warned, however, that they may try to pass on the cost increase in the next buying season.
CHINA: Consumers tighten their grip on luxury market
Chinese consumers now account for around 25% of the world's luxury apparel and goods sales - but their increasing sophistication and propensity for overseas shopping could lead megabrands like Louis Vuitton to lose market share, a new report warns.
Companies: Burberry Group Plc
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
Faced with continuing challenging trading conditions in 2012, retailers responded with a number of different strategies to try to grow their businesses. International expansion, new and larger format ...
Luxury retailer Burberry is taking customer experience to the next level by personalising its made-to-order runway products with embedded technology that tells how the product is made....
Woollen mills in the UK are expanding as a result of growing demand across Europe and Asia, according to The Woolmark Company....
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- Who has pledged to ban the use of angora?
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Syrian refugee children found in Turkish factories
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Key Bangladesh safety issues still not fixed
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024