Top stories on just-style this week...
Top stories on just-style this week include news that garment firms in Pakistan face cancelled export orders following safety concerns, activists calling for an extension to the boycott of cotton from Uzbekistan and the launch of Adidas' Stella McCartney DryDye T-shirt.
PAKISTAN: Garment firms face cancelled orders on safety fears
Garment firms in Pakistan are facing cancelled export orders and problems in securing new orders from the EU and US following safety concerns after a factory fire earlier this month killed more than 289 workers.
UZBEKISTAN: Call for cotton boycott to extend to investors
Activists from Uzbekistan are calling for an extension to an international boycott of Uzbek cotton and textiles as part of efforts to ramp up pressure on the government to end the use of forced and child labour in the country's cotton fields.
Comment: Bangladesh at a crossroads
The Bangladesh garment export industry has been built on the pillars of cheap labour and reliability. But the two are increasingly proving to be incompatible - and it is now time to bring all the stakeholders together - factory suppliers, customers, government and workers - to create a viable comprehensive and integrated solution.
GERMANY: Adidas for Stella McCartney launches DryDye T-shirt
Adidas for Stella McCartney is set to launch a DryDye T-shirt, which is dyed using pressurised CO2 instead of water.
SRI LANKA: To benefit as India lifts apparel import quota
The government of India has agreed to increase Sri Lanka's duty-free export quota for apparel by 5m pieces, more than doubling the previous allocation.
Companies: Stella McCartney
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
French apparel and luxury group PPR has acquired a 51% stake in designer brand Christopher Kane in order to help develop the business....
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- Pakistan textile mills fear rash of closures
- VF Corp ups guidance on "strong" Q2
- Under Armour secures Germany and Austria deals
- Metallised thread for "revolutionary" RFID tag
- Manufacturing in China falls to 15-month low
- Millennials "changing the game" for hosiery
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020