Top stories on just-style this week...
Top stories on just-style this week include reports Li & Fung is in advanced talks to buy Synergies Worldwide, a look at the latest list of goods produced in countries that are suspected of using child or forced labour and news that Aaron Beng-Keong Boey has resigned as president of Levi Strauss & Co's Denizen brand.
HONG KONG: Li & Fung to acquire Synergies Worldwide?
Apparel and consumer goods supplier Li & Fung is reportedly in advanced talks to acquire apparel sourcing agent Synergies Worldwide.
US: Clothing, cotton in child and forced labour list
Cotton, footwear, leather, clothing and textiles have been included in the latest list released by the US Bureau of International Labour Affairs (ILAB) of goods produced in countries that are suspected of using child or forced labour.
US: Levi Strauss Denizen president Boey resigns
Jeans giant Levi Strauss & Co has revealed that Aaron Beng-Keong Boey, president of its Denizen brand and head of commercial operations for Asia Pacific has resigned.
UK: September sales growth driven by clothing and footwear
UK retailers saw September sales increase, with growth driven primarily by clothing and footwear sales, according to the latest BRC/KPMG sales monitor.
Social and environmental compliance are the main issues facing today's apparel supply chains, according to industry experts consulted by just-style. The continued shift towards faster and faster fashi...
ASOS sells women’s wear, men's wear, footwear, lifestyle accessories, and jewelry and beauty products through its retail website. The company offers more than 50,000 branded and private label products...
Apparel sales in the Asia Pacific region are continuing on a golden growth trajectory despite a slowdown in China. Domestic brands are continuing to hold their own, and foreign brands intent on making...
Profile offers detailed strategic analysis of the company’s business, examining its performance in the Apparel industry. The report examines company shares by region and sector, product developments, ...
Global sourcing giant Li & Fung Ltd has seen its full-year profit slump despite a slight rise in turnover, blaming ongoing restructuring costs and weakness in its distribution business....
Online clothing retailer Asos has seen second quarter sales continue to rise, driven by international growth as the UK business slowly reaches maturity. ...
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies