Top stories on just-style this week...
Top stories on just-style this week include reports Li & Fung is in advanced talks to buy Synergies Worldwide, a look at the latest list of goods produced in countries that are suspected of using child or forced labour and news that Aaron Beng-Keong Boey has resigned as president of Levi Strauss & Co's Denizen brand.
HONG KONG: Li & Fung to acquire Synergies Worldwide?
Apparel and consumer goods supplier Li & Fung is reportedly in advanced talks to acquire apparel sourcing agent Synergies Worldwide.
US: Clothing, cotton in child and forced labour list
Cotton, footwear, leather, clothing and textiles have been included in the latest list released by the US Bureau of International Labour Affairs (ILAB) of goods produced in countries that are suspected of using child or forced labour.
US: Levi Strauss Denizen president Boey resigns
Jeans giant Levi Strauss & Co has revealed that Aaron Beng-Keong Boey, president of its Denizen brand and head of commercial operations for Asia Pacific has resigned.
UK: September sales growth driven by clothing and footwear
UK retailers saw September sales increase, with growth driven primarily by clothing and footwear sales, according to the latest BRC/KPMG sales monitor.
Social and environmental compliance are the main issues facing today's apparel supply chains, according to industry experts consulted by just-style. The continued shift towards faster and faster fashi...
Apparel sales in the Asia Pacific region are continuing on a golden growth trajectory despite a slowdown in China. Domestic brands are continuing to hold their own, and foreign brands intent on making...
Global sourcing giant Li & Fung Ltd has seen its full-year profit slump despite a slight rise in turnover, blaming ongoing restructuring costs and weakness in its distribution business....
Online clothing retailer Asos has seen second quarter sales continue to rise, driven by international growth as the UK business slowly reaches maturity. ...
Men's Wearhouse has today (6 March) appointed Jon Kimmins as executive vice president, chief financial officer and treasurer. ...
US surf wear brand Quiksilver has announced a series of senior management changes as part of efforts to turnaround the business, following the appointment of a new president and CEO in January. ...
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- New fibre and fabric innovations for outdoor wear
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- US West Coast port contract reached
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide