Top stories on just-style this week...
Top stories on just-style this week include reports Li & Fung is in advanced talks to buy Synergies Worldwide, a look at the latest list of goods produced in countries that are suspected of using child or forced labour and news that Aaron Beng-Keong Boey has resigned as president of Levi Strauss & Co's Denizen brand.
HONG KONG: Li & Fung to acquire Synergies Worldwide?
Apparel and consumer goods supplier Li & Fung is reportedly in advanced talks to acquire apparel sourcing agent Synergies Worldwide.
US: Clothing, cotton in child and forced labour list
Cotton, footwear, leather, clothing and textiles have been included in the latest list released by the US Bureau of International Labour Affairs (ILAB) of goods produced in countries that are suspected of using child or forced labour.
US: Levi Strauss Denizen president Boey resigns
Jeans giant Levi Strauss & Co has revealed that Aaron Beng-Keong Boey, president of its Denizen brand and head of commercial operations for Asia Pacific has resigned.
UK: September sales growth driven by clothing and footwear
UK retailers saw September sales increase, with growth driven primarily by clothing and footwear sales, according to the latest BRC/KPMG sales monitor.
Social and environmental compliance are the main issues facing today's apparel supply chains, according to industry experts consulted by just-style. The continued shift towards faster and faster fashi...
Apparel sales in the Asia Pacific region are continuing on a golden growth trajectory despite a slowdown in China. Domestic brands are continuing to hold their own, and foreign brands intent on making...
Global sourcing giant Li & Fung Ltd has seen its full-year profit slump despite a slight rise in turnover, blaming ongoing restructuring costs and weakness in its distribution business....
Online clothing retailer Asos has seen second quarter sales continue to rise, driven by international growth as the UK business slowly reaches maturity. ...
Men's Wearhouse has today (6 March) appointed Jon Kimmins as executive vice president, chief financial officer and treasurer. ...
US surf wear brand Quiksilver has announced a series of senior management changes as part of efforts to turnaround the business, following the appointment of a new president and CEO in January. ...
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- Tesco's H1 profit plunge: What the analysts say
- Asos FY profit drop: What the analysts say
- Mango continues on global growth trajectory
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- Collapsed Cambodia factory had structural issues
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre