Top stories on just-style this week...
Top stories on just-style this week include news that clothing boosted UK retail sales in September, Gap unveiled a new global structure to drive long-term growth, and Levi Strauss & Co launched a collection of jeans made from recycled bottles and food trays.
UK: Clothing drives retail sales rise in September
Retail sales in the UK were up 2.5% by volume and 3.2% by value in September, with the year-on-year increase driven by a recovery in clothing, textiles and footwear.
US: Gap executive reshuffle brings global focus
Fashion retail giant Gap has unveiled a new global structure designed to reflect the company’s increasingly international footprint and to drive long-term growth.
US: Levi Strauss unveils Waste Less recycled jeans
Denim giant Levi Strauss & Co has launched a collection of jeans made from recycled bottles and food trays as part of its ongoing sustainable design initiative.
BANGLADESH: Toxic tanneries in health and safety breaches
Leather used in luxury goods throughout the world is produced in tanneries in Bangladesh where workers include children as young as 11 and pollutants flood into surrounding communities, a new report claims.
BANGLADESH: H&M still waiting decision on wage dialogue
Swedish fashion retailer Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) is still waiting for a response from the Bangladesh labour ministry over its proposal for regular meetings between brand owners and the government about pay and working conditions in garment factories.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
California-based garment manufacturer O&K Apparel has been fined almost US$500,000 for wage violations. ...
Canadian department store retailer Hudson's Bay Company has seen its fourth-quarter net profit nearly halve, after it was forced to clear inventory at its Lord & Taylor stores across the US after Hurr...
A group of US-based trade associations and organisations is teaming up for the second annual 'Imports Work' week next month to draw attention to the "essential role" of international trade in the US e...
Closed loop clothing recycling is set to grow in Europe as increased volumes of clothing are being collected for re-use and recycling, according to new research....
Marks & Spencer has recorded another drop in general merchandise sales as it faced "difficult trading conditions" during the fourth quarter. ...
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015