Top stories on just-style this week...
Top stories on just-style this week include Sri Lanka feeling the loss of the GSP+ scheme, H&M hitting back at accusations it fails to pay adequate wages to Cambodian workers, and PVH acquiring The Warnaco Group for $2.9bn.
Sri Lanka's garment industry feels GSP+ loss
Two years after it was formally removed from the GSP+ scheme that allowed duty-free exports to the EU, Sri Lanka's apparel industry says it is feeling the loss of the preferential tariff system.
CAMBODIA: H&M hits back at low wage claims
Swedish fashion retailer H&M has hit back at accusations that it fails to pay adequate wages to workers in Cambodian factories making its clothes - and says instead that the situation would be a lot worse if it didn't source from the country.
GERMANY: Greenpeace calls for ban on PFCs in outdoor clothing
Environmental campaign group Greenpeace is calling on the outdoor clothing industry to ban perfluorinated and polyfluorinated chemicals (PFCs) from production after tests found the toxins in a number of leading brands.
US: PVH unites Calvin Klein with $2.9bn Warnaco buy
Clothing maker PVH is to buy rival The Warnaco Group in a cash-and-stock deal worth about $2.9bn that also brings together all Calvin Klein apparel categories in one place for a single vision of the brand.
US: Forever 21 suppliers accused of labour law violations
Fast fashion retailer Forever 21 is being investigated by the US Department of Labor (DoL) for "significant" labour law violations among the contractors and manufacturers who supply its apparel.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
British fashion retailer Primark and Canadian brand Joe Fresh have confirmed that their garments were being manufactured in one of the Bangladesh factories that collapsed on Wednesday (24 April), kill...
Warnaco buyer PVH has expressed surprise at the lack of investment in operating platforms following its acquisition of the company. ...
Better-than-expected sales of its Ugg brand lifted first quarter sales at Deckers Outdoor Corporation, but higher sales costs and expenses weighed on its bottom line....
The most read stories on just-style this week include the collapse of a garment factory in Bangladesh, the extension of C&A's RFID project to 25 stores, and campaigners urging Foot Locker to cut ties ...
Lingerie company Van de Velde warned that the "very tough" consumer market was likely to negatively impact earnings for fiscal 2013, amid signs of falling sales among independent retailers across Euro...
Children's wear retailer The Children's Place has appointed its chief financial officer Michael Scarpa to the additional post of chief operating officer....
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Why TPP implementation is far from a done deal
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Cambodia leads US apparel import growth in August
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- Cambodia sets new minimum wage at US$140
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- Vietnam releases new textile dye regulations
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry