Top stories on just-style this week...
In the money: Speed pressures shift M&S supply base
The UK's largest clothing retailer, Marks & Spencer is seeing its clothing supply base shift away from the Far East as it looks to increase speed to market after facing a series of replenishment issues earlier this year.
US: Macy's lifts full-year outlook as Q3 profit rises
Department store retailer Macy's today (7 November) raised its full-year earnings guidance as it booked a 4.3% rise in third-quarter net profit, helped by its strategy of tailoring merchandise to the needs of local markets.
UK: Retail sales gloom deepens in October
UK retail sales fell 0.1% by value on a like-for-like basis in October versus last year, with a mixed picture for clothing and footwear stores, according to the British Retail Consortium (BRC).
The Flanarant: Onshoring - a new dawn or a false hope?
‘A New Dawn - Rebuilding UK Textile Manufacturing' was the title of a remarkable conference staged by Britain's textile industry on Friday (2 November). Remarkable for its positive inspiration - but also for the doubts it raised about the quality of thinking in the industry and the quality of journalism reporting on it.
WORLD: Cotton prices to stay low amid global glut
Cotton prices are likely to continue to remain low in the season ahead after an inter-governmental group warned the general outlook for cotton supply and demand looks "bleak."
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
Despite the global recession, e-commerce continues to buoy the bottom line for successful retailers....
Omni-channel services may be delivering, but they can be complex. The goal is delivering a seamless omni-channel experience for apparel buying consumers and if the tech doesn't work, the sales aren't ...
Actions need to speak louder than words when it comes to tackling working conditions in the Bangladesh garment industry. And in the wake of the collapse last week of the Rana Plaza building near Dhaka...
President Obama has nominated Chicago businesswoman Penny Pritzker as his new Secretary of Commerce, and advisor Mike Froman as the new US Trade Representative....
Nearly three-quarters of all fake products seized last year in the US were apparel, footwear, handbags and accessories, according to a new report by the US Trade Representative....
Value apparel retailer Body Central Corporation has more than halved its first-quarter profit partly due to lower revenues and merchandise issues. ...
- The difference between compliance and safety?
- Central America must make better use of DR-CAFTA
- How M&S plans to revamp its clothing business
- Yarn-forward rules weigh on Vietnam TPP potential
- Footwear to see "significant" gains from TPP
- US Q1 in brief – Guess, Burlington Stores, Sears
- Gap accused of rights violations in supply chain
- BHS supplier Courtaulds Brands in administration
- Nike management changes to drive innovation
- Social responsibility key to winning millennials
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Victoria's Secret Stores, Inc.: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Apparel Accessories in Hong Kong, China
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)
- Practical Price Negotiation for Apparel Sourcing Professionals