Top stories on just-style this week...
Top stories on just-style this week include Tesco investing in a new training centre in Bangladesh for garment workers, a group of Hong Kong based buyers assessing sourcing in Bangladesh, and eBay teaming with Xiu.com to target fashion-conscious consumers in China.
BANGLADESH: Buyers assess apparel sourcing opportunities
A group of buyers representing some 20 global brands and retailers is this week visiting Bangladesh as part of a wider regional tour to explore sourcing alternatives to China.
BANGLADESH: Tesco backs garment skills and productivity push
UK-based retail giant Tesco is taking steps to boost productivity in the Bangladesh apparel industry by investing in a new training centre to teach leadership skills and production techniques to garment workers.
CHINA: eBay to boost fashion sales with retail tie-up
US-based online retailer and auction house eBay is courting fashion-conscious consumers in China after teaming up with Chinese luxury online retailer Xiu.com to launch a new eBay Style website.
US: Q3 sales continue to slide at JC Penney
Despite ongoing efforts to try to turnaround its business, sales are continuing to slide at US department-store retailer JC Penney Company, according to its latest third-quarter results.
US: Apparel and textile imports fell 1.3% in September
Textile and apparel imports into the US fell by 1.3% in September as retailers planned conservatively for the upcoming holiday season, with year-on-year declines in seven of the top ten supply countries.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
Omni-channel services may be delivering, but they can be complex. The goal is delivering a seamless omni-channel experience for apparel buying consumers and if the tech doesn't work, the sales aren't ...
NGOs are increasing pressure on international clothing brands and retailers that source from Bangladesh to sign the Accord on Fire and Building Safety following another fatal incident in a garment fac...
Beleaguered department store retailer JC Penney expects first quarter sales to slump by a further 16.4% as the company continues to under-perform....
UK supermarket retailer Sainsbury's has reported higher annual profits after "outperforming" its rivals, and said its non-food offer - which includes clothing - "goes from strength to strength."...
Representatives from more than 40 apparel brands and retailers have called for a credible action plan to address workplace safety in the Bangladesh clothing sector as the death toll from last week's R...
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- EU clothing imports from China continue to plunge
- EU relaxes origin rules on Jordan clothing exports
- US Q2 in brief - Sears, Burlington, Tilly's
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras