Top stories on just-style this week...
Top stories on just-style this week include Tesco investing in a new training centre in Bangladesh for garment workers, a group of Hong Kong based buyers assessing sourcing in Bangladesh, and eBay teaming with Xiu.com to target fashion-conscious consumers in China.
BANGLADESH: Buyers assess apparel sourcing opportunities
A group of buyers representing some 20 global brands and retailers is this week visiting Bangladesh as part of a wider regional tour to explore sourcing alternatives to China.
BANGLADESH: Tesco backs garment skills and productivity push
UK-based retail giant Tesco is taking steps to boost productivity in the Bangladesh apparel industry by investing in a new training centre to teach leadership skills and production techniques to garment workers.
CHINA: eBay to boost fashion sales with retail tie-up
US-based online retailer and auction house eBay is courting fashion-conscious consumers in China after teaming up with Chinese luxury online retailer Xiu.com to launch a new eBay Style website.
US: Q3 sales continue to slide at JC Penney
Despite ongoing efforts to try to turnaround its business, sales are continuing to slide at US department-store retailer JC Penney Company, according to its latest third-quarter results.
US: Apparel and textile imports fell 1.3% in September
Textile and apparel imports into the US fell by 1.3% in September as retailers planned conservatively for the upcoming holiday season, with year-on-year declines in seven of the top ten supply countries.
Omni-channel services may be delivering, but they can be complex. The goal is delivering a seamless omni-channel experience for apparel buying consumers and if the tech doesn't work, the sales aren't ...
After years of struggling sales, department store retailer JC Penney appointed Ron Johnson as its CEO in 2011, ushering in a new period of dramatic changes. With new management, a new logo, new spokes...
NGOs are increasing pressure on international clothing brands and retailers that source from Bangladesh to sign the Accord on Fire and Building Safety following another fatal incident in a garment fac...
Beleaguered department store retailer JC Penney expects first quarter sales to slump by a further 16.4% as the company continues to under-perform....
UK supermarket retailer Sainsbury's has reported higher annual profits after "outperforming" its rivals, and said its non-food offer - which includes clothing - "goes from strength to strength."...
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report