Top stories on just-style this week...
Top stories of the week include a look at the clothing and textile challenges that face Xi Jinping, the new leader of the Chinese Communist Party, accusations by Greenpeace that 20 leading fashion brands are selling clothing contaminated with hazardous chemicals, and the sale of Nike's Cole Haan footwear brand to Apax Partners.
The Flanarant: China's textile and clothing challenge in new era
As Xi Jinping assumes the leadership of China's ruling Communist Party and prepares to get down to business, Mike Flanagan pens him an open letter offering up a few home truths about China's textile and garment industry.
GLOBAL: "Hazardous chemicals" found in clothing
Twenty leading fashion brands are selling clothing contaminated with chemicals with hormone-disrupting or cancer-causing properties when released into the environment, according to Greenpeace International.
GLOBAL: Brands accused of "fuelling modern-day slavery"
A number of major clothing brands have been accused of "fuelling modern-day slavery" through their failure to address child and forced labour in their supply chains, according to a report released by the Not For Sale campaign.
US: Nike to sell Cole Haan to Apax Partners for $570m
Sportswear giant Nike is to sell its footwear brand Cole Haan to private equity firm Apax Partners for US$570m.
BANGLADESH: World Bank sees uncertain export outlook
Bangladesh's overall export outlook for the current fiscal year remains "uncertain" due to a possible intensification of the Eurozone crisis, a new World Bank report says.
Nike is expected to maintain its position as the most important sports brand in Chile. Nike de Chile’s strategy is to continue organising sports events – such as “Nike 10K” or “Nike 300K” – aimed at i...
Reports filed by companies including Gap Inc, Gymboree Corp, Nike Inc, H&M and Wal-Mart Stores to comply with a Washington State law are said to have shown "chemicals of high concern" in products made...
Nike México SA de CV plans to continue to position itself as one of the top sports brands in the country. In order to accomplish this goal, it will continue sponsoring local sports celebrities and foo...
Representatives from more than 40 apparel brands and retailers have called for a credible action plan to address workplace safety in the Bangladesh clothing sector as the death toll from last week's R...
Nike has teamed up with NASA and a number of other US government departments to collaborate on developing sustainable materials. ...
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Who has signed up to the Greenpeace Detox Campaign
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Hong Kong's Li & Fung reports "solid" H1
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Accord and Alliance discord over inspections
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey