Top stories on just-style this week...
Here is a roundup of the top five must-read stories on just-style this week. Please click on each article to read more.
Finish Line-Genesco deal
US: Court orders Finish Line to close Genesco deal
Last week hat and footwear company Genesco said that the Chancery Court for the State of Tennessee had ordered retailer The Finish Line to specifically perform the terms of its Merger Agreement with Genesco.
Warnaco swimwear sell-off
US: Warnaco sells swimwear brands for US$26m
Also during the break, Warnaco found a buyer for its Anne Cole, Cole of California and Catalina swimwear brands, selling them to In Mocean Group for about $26m.
What's next for Next?
UK: Next cautious despite brighter forecast for 2008
Clothing retailer Next yesterday (3 January) said it remained "extremely cautious" about prospects for 2008, despite predictions of full-year profits ahead of market expectations.
SWEDEN: Gant shareholders urged to reject takeover bid
The management of Swedish fashion company Gant today called on shareholders to reject a US$811m takeover bid launched last month by Swiss retail group Maus Frères.
US: The Talbots drops 5% of workforce in concept cutback
International retailer The Talbots said that after a thorough evaluation of its business, it will exit its Talbots Kids and Talbots Mens concepts by September 2008.
A new generation of ERP solutions focusing on fashion-related businesses including apparel, footwear and accessories, has secured $4m in funding from venture capital firm L Capital Partners LP....
US footwear retailer Genesco has announced that Robert J Dennis will take over as chief executive at the company from 1 August....
Apparel company The Warnaco Group has appointed Bob Dakin to the newly created role of senior vice president of retail....
The Warnaco Group Inc is planning to relocate its Swimwear Group headquarters to downtown Los Angeles in September, after signing a long-term lease on the campus at Los Angeles Center Studios....
Compensation from the long drawn-out and failed takeover bid by Finish Line has helped shoe, hat and accessories retailer Genesco Inc to a huge gain in first quarter profit....
Jones Apparel Group Inc today (20 May) said Aru Kulkarni has been appointed to the newly created role of president of sales at its Women's Wholesale Sportswear division....
TYR Sport has filed a lawsuit in the Californian courts against Warnaco Swimwear over its record-breaking Speedo LZR swimsuit, it has been reported....
- Myanmar garment exports surged 20% in 2015
- Better factory conditions boost the bottom line
- Under Armour on track with new UAS sportswear line
- Why synthetic fibres are a safe bet for the future
- Retail fallout unclear following Hanjin collapse
- Brexit may hit suppliers with UK duty-free access
- Adidas unveils first Speedfactory running shoe
- New US tariff classifications impact woven apparel
- Vietnam's Vinatex opens $5.7m garment factory
- US strengthens cooperation with East Africa
- Too Many Standards
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Ralph Lauren Corporation : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras