Top stories on just-style this week...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story.
Liz Claiborne latest
US: Liz Claiborne sells Prana brand back to founders
On Monday (4 January) Liz Claiborne announced it was to sell its climbing and yoga wear brand Prana for around US$40m to Prana Living LLC, a company formed by Prana's management team and private equity firm Steelpoint Capital Partners.
LVMH counts on leather
FRANCE: LVMH profit climbs 8% during full-year
It was revealed Wednesday that luxury goods giant LVMH increased full-year net profit by 8% in 2007, buoyed by its fashion and leather goods unit.
Sports Direct broadens horizons
UK: Sports Direct targets China via £20m retail deal
On the same day Sports Direct International outlined plans to sell its leasurewear brands in China, having inked a GBP20m deal with domestic retailer ITAT Group Limited.
US: Restructuring, lower sales hurt Timberland Q4
Boot maker Timberland yesterday closed the books on a "disappointing year" with a lower fourth quarter profit, hurt by restructuring charges and lower sales of its boots and kids' footwear.
Changes at Macy's
US: Macy's to axe 2,300 jobs in restructuring
Department store operator Macy's Inc is to axe 2,300 management jobs as part of a restructuring that will see it consolidate into three divisions in an attempt to reduce costs and offset falling sales, just-style reported today.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
With a trademark trench coat, Equestrian Knight logo and registered check pattern, Burberry is dressed for battle in the luxury goods market. This week the group posted healthy quarterly sales growth ...
French fashion firm Façonnable has named Alberto Lavia as its worldwide CEO, responsible for restructuring the company's worldwide organisation including refining its supply chain, along with an aggre...
Double-digit organic revenue growth from fashion and leather goods helped luxury products giant LVMH to record a 7% increase in first-half profits....
Theresa Fortier has been appointed to the newly created position of director of product development strategy at software developer Yunique Solutions....
Online auction site eBay has lost an appeal against a ruling brought by LVMH last month, the luxury goods firm has reported....
Clothing retailer Liz Claiborne has announced that Evon L Jones will join the company as senior vice president, chief information officer, from 14 July....
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Update - Bangladesh "business as usual"
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar