Top stories this week on just-style...
Among the most-read stories on just-style this week were the strong growth in UK online clothing sales in February, the unveiling of knitted football boots from Adidas and Nike, and the prospects of a minimum wage for Burma's garment workers.
UK: Online keeps February clothing sales afloat
February was an "average" month for clothing sales, but without strong online growth the category would have reported a decline, new figures suggest.
Battle of the brands: Nike and Adidas launch knitted boots
Sporting goods giants Nike and Adidas revealed their seamless knitted running shoes within months of each other back in 2012. But in the space of just a couple of hours last week the two companies unveiled the latest in the lineup: knitted football boots.
Burma seeks minimum wage amidst labour shortage
As foreign investors in the garment sector trickle into Myanmar/Burma, local research companies and the International Labour Organization (ILO) are undertaking a study that could prompt the country's parliament to pass a minimum wage law by December this year.
Bangladesh factory checks show widespread safety issues
First findings from inspections at ten garment factories used by members of the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh have highlighted widespread fire, electrical safety and potential structural problems. But none are on a par with those that caused the collapse of the Rana Plaza building last April - and the assessments are on track for completion in September.
BANGLADESH: EU not satisfied with factory safety efforts
The European Union's representative in Bangladesh has expressed dissatisfaction at the country's progress towards improving worker and building safety in the apparel industry.
NIKE, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings ......
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Nike is expected to maintain its position as the most important sports brand in Chile. Nike de Chile’s strategy is to continue organising sports events – such as “Nike 10K” or “Nike 300K” – aimed at i...
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- New Gap CEO set to tackle “aesthetic issue”
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Falling euro adds to Bangladesh production woes
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- M&S Asia head quits as China stores to close
- Gap names new design head amid mixed Q4
- Pay rise mulled for Sri Lanka garment workers
- US labour concerns at Honduras apparel makers
- JC Penney share price falls on Q4 loss
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019