Top stories this week on just-style...
Among the most-read stories on just-style this week were the strong growth in UK online clothing sales in February, the unveiling of knitted football boots from Adidas and Nike, and the prospects of a minimum wage for Burma's garment workers.
UK: Online keeps February clothing sales afloat
February was an "average" month for clothing sales, but without strong online growth the category would have reported a decline, new figures suggest.
Battle of the brands: Nike and Adidas launch knitted boots
Sporting goods giants Nike and Adidas revealed their seamless knitted running shoes within months of each other back in 2012. But in the space of just a couple of hours last week the two companies unveiled the latest in the lineup: knitted football boots.
Burma seeks minimum wage amidst labour shortage
As foreign investors in the garment sector trickle into Myanmar/Burma, local research companies and the International Labour Organization (ILO) are undertaking a study that could prompt the country's parliament to pass a minimum wage law by December this year.
Bangladesh factory checks show widespread safety issues
First findings from inspections at ten garment factories used by members of the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh have highlighted widespread fire, electrical safety and potential structural problems. But none are on a par with those that caused the collapse of the Rana Plaza building last April - and the assessments are on track for completion in September.
BANGLADESH: EU not satisfied with factory safety efforts
The European Union's representative in Bangladesh has expressed dissatisfaction at the country's progress towards improving worker and building safety in the apparel industry.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Nike believes that footwear manufactured using its Flyknit fabric, which was initially launched in 2012, will be one of its growth drivers going forward. Initially launched in running footwear, Nike h...
2013 was marked by a strong investment by Nike in the Portuguese territory. Beyond the opening of important stores, Nike has been dedicated to increasing its penetration throughout a vigorous marketin...
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Freeing up working capital in the supply chain
- Five ways to tackle market and demand volatility
- Hungary offers a mix of strengths and weaknesses
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Golden Lady creates a new man-made fibre
- 3D tool uses product data to shake up shopping
- China and ASEAN upgrade FTA
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015