Top stories this week on just-style...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at why Hanesbrands is optimistic about the year head, the launch of a new worker safety project in Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka setting its sights on game-changing ethical solutions for the apparel and textile sectors.
Supply chain the "secret sauce" for Hanesbrands
An upbeat Hanesbrands has raised its guidance for the year ahead and expects sales to break through the $5bn barrier for the first time. At the heart of this momentum is its Innovate-to-Elevate strategy, combining brand power with product innovation - and a low-cost supply chain that the basic apparel maker sees as its "secret sauce."
NORWAY: Backs new Bangladesh worker safety project
A new US$2.5m project aimed at strengthening labour rights and improving worker safety within Bangladesh's ready-made garment sector has been launched.
Sri Lanka sets sights on game-changing solutions
Already well-known for its apparel industry innovation - establishing the world's first 'green' factories, emphasising its ethical 'Garments without Guilt' production, and pioneering in-factory approval on colour and fit - Sri Lanka is now setting its sights on driving new game-changing solutions for the apparel and textile sectors.
UK: Primark pledges further $10m to Rana Plaza victims
Nearly one year on from the Rana Plaza factory collapse in Bangladesh, UK value fashion retailer Primark has pledged a further US$10m to victims of the disaster.
EXCLUSIVE: Jaeger sets up team to develop UK supply base
Signs that the 'Made in the UK' movement is gaining momentum came today (18 March) with the news that upscale fashion brand Jaeger has created a dedicated team to ramp up its domestic sourcing.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
After a highly proactive start to 2013 with four new outlet openings, Primark spent the second half of 2013 consolidating on its strong position in apparel and footwear specialist retailers. The compa...
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in Canada industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The prof...
Global Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile...
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- Hungary offers a mix of strengths and weaknesses
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- Golden Lady creates a new man-made fibre
- China and ASEAN upgrade FTA
- 3D tool uses product data to shake up shopping
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015