Top stories this week on just-style...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at why Hanesbrands is optimistic about the year head, the launch of a new worker safety project in Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka setting its sights on game-changing ethical solutions for the apparel and textile sectors.
Supply chain the "secret sauce" for Hanesbrands
An upbeat Hanesbrands has raised its guidance for the year ahead and expects sales to break through the $5bn barrier for the first time. At the heart of this momentum is its Innovate-to-Elevate strategy, combining brand power with product innovation - and a low-cost supply chain that the basic apparel maker sees as its "secret sauce."
NORWAY: Backs new Bangladesh worker safety project
A new US$2.5m project aimed at strengthening labour rights and improving worker safety within Bangladesh's ready-made garment sector has been launched.
Sri Lanka sets sights on game-changing solutions
Already well-known for its apparel industry innovation - establishing the world's first 'green' factories, emphasising its ethical 'Garments without Guilt' production, and pioneering in-factory approval on colour and fit - Sri Lanka is now setting its sights on driving new game-changing solutions for the apparel and textile sectors.
UK: Primark pledges further $10m to Rana Plaza victims
Nearly one year on from the Rana Plaza factory collapse in Bangladesh, UK value fashion retailer Primark has pledged a further US$10m to victims of the disaster.
EXCLUSIVE: Jaeger sets up team to develop UK supply base
Signs that the 'Made in the UK' movement is gaining momentum came today (18 March) with the news that upscale fashion brand Jaeger has created a dedicated team to ramp up its domestic sourcing.
More than 160 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
After a highly proactive start to 2013 with four new outlet openings, Primark spent the second half of 2013 consolidating on its strong position in apparel and footwear specialist retailers. The compa...
Hanesbrands will continue to focus on its long-held strategy of providing high-volume basics to a majority of US households. It generally maintains core styles year-to-year, with minor adjustments, an...
Primark in the UK remains its most important market, accounting for over 70% of the company’s overall sales. Primark has established itself as one of the fastest-growing value retailers, offering a wi...
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Weatherproof jackets release harmful chemicals"
- UN rights expert urges further Cambodia reforms
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies