Top stories this week on just-style...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include reports of a drop in UK clothing sales last month, an insight into Uniqlo's multi-pronged attack on the US market, and a new Calvin Klein licensing deal in India agreed between PVH Corp and Arvind.
UK: Clothing retail sales drop in February
UK retail clothing sales bucked the overall trend in February, falling by both volume and value on a year ago.
Japan's Uniqlo in multi-pronged attack on US market
Premium Supima cotton, musician Pharrell Williams and New York's Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) are spearheading the drive by Japan's Fast Retailing Co to expand its Uniqlo chain in the US market.
INDIA: PVH and Arvind team up on Calvin Klein businesses
Apparel giant PVH Corp is teaming up with Arvind in another licensing deal - this time to distribute Calvin Klein Jeans apparel and accessories and Calvin Klein Underwear products in India.
Sourcing costs and competition weighing on margins
Pricing pressure and increasing competition mean apparel sourcing executives may have to deal with higher gross margins and flat average unit costs this year, according to a new UK report.
BANGLADESH: European delegation to discuss progress on safety
A delegation of the European Parliament is visiting Bangladesh this week, ahead of the first anniversary of the Rana Plaza building collapse in which more than 1,100 garment workers lost their lives.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
Fast Retailing Co Ltd aims to strengthen its position overseas to become the world’s number one apparel manufacturer and retailer. The company announced that it has a target to achieve annual group sa...
Fast Retailing aims to become the world’s largest apparel company by 2020. The company has been very successful in Greater China, but continues to struggle in other markets and its US super premium de...
Fast Retailing aspires to become the world’s largest clothing company by 2020. International expansion will be key to achieving this goal. While the company has successfully expanded in Asia, gaining ...
US apparel giant PVH Corp has said it is "pleased" with its fourth-quarter performance which saw it swing to a net profit, despite the challenging market environment and foreign currency headwinds....
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Kurt Cavano on “the Uberfication of everything”
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Adidas files trademark suit against Forever 21
- H&M offers $1m grant for sustainable innovations
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019