Top stories this week on just-style...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include reports of a drop in UK clothing sales last month, an insight into Uniqlo's multi-pronged attack on the US market, and a new Calvin Klein licensing deal in India agreed between PVH Corp and Arvind.
UK: Clothing retail sales drop in February
UK retail clothing sales bucked the overall trend in February, falling by both volume and value on a year ago.
Japan's Uniqlo in multi-pronged attack on US market
Premium Supima cotton, musician Pharrell Williams and New York's Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) are spearheading the drive by Japan's Fast Retailing Co to expand its Uniqlo chain in the US market.
INDIA: PVH and Arvind team up on Calvin Klein businesses
Apparel giant PVH Corp is teaming up with Arvind in another licensing deal - this time to distribute Calvin Klein Jeans apparel and accessories and Calvin Klein Underwear products in India.
Sourcing costs and competition weighing on margins
Pricing pressure and increasing competition mean apparel sourcing executives may have to deal with higher gross margins and flat average unit costs this year, according to a new UK report.
BANGLADESH: European delegation to discuss progress on safety
A delegation of the European Parliament is visiting Bangladesh this week, ahead of the first anniversary of the Rana Plaza building collapse in which more than 1,100 garment workers lost their lives.
Fast Retailing Co Ltd aims to strengthen its position overseas to become the world’s number one apparel manufacturer and retailer. The company announced that it has a target to achieve annual group sa...
Some 190 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in 2013....
Fast Retailing aims to become the world’s largest apparel company by 2020. The company has been very successful in Greater China, but continues to struggle in other markets and its US super premium de...
Fast Retailing aspires to become the world’s largest clothing company by 2020. International expansion will be key to achieving this goal. While the company has successfully expanded in Asia, gaining ...
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- Apparel industry gains traction says IAF chief
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead