Top stories this week on just-style...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include reports of a drop in UK clothing sales last month, an insight into Uniqlo's multi-pronged attack on the US market, and a new Calvin Klein licensing deal in India agreed between PVH Corp and Arvind.
UK: Clothing retail sales drop in February
UK retail clothing sales bucked the overall trend in February, falling by both volume and value on a year ago.
Japan's Uniqlo in multi-pronged attack on US market
Premium Supima cotton, musician Pharrell Williams and New York's Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) are spearheading the drive by Japan's Fast Retailing Co to expand its Uniqlo chain in the US market.
INDIA: PVH and Arvind team up on Calvin Klein businesses
Apparel giant PVH Corp is teaming up with Arvind in another licensing deal - this time to distribute Calvin Klein Jeans apparel and accessories and Calvin Klein Underwear products in India.
Sourcing costs and competition weighing on margins
Pricing pressure and increasing competition mean apparel sourcing executives may have to deal with higher gross margins and flat average unit costs this year, according to a new UK report.
BANGLADESH: European delegation to discuss progress on safety
A delegation of the European Parliament is visiting Bangladesh this week, ahead of the first anniversary of the Rana Plaza building collapse in which more than 1,100 garment workers lost their lives.
In an increasingly fluid global market that enables brands to switch countries for their manufacturing needs, it is in the interest of suppliers to make the move as easy as possible - as well as seek ...
Fast Retailing aspires to become the world’s largest clothing company by 2020. International expansion will be key to achieving this goal. While the company has successfully expanded in Asia, gaining ...
More than 170 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
Fast Retailing Co Ltd aims to strengthen its position overseas to become the world’s number one apparel manufacturer and retailer. The company announced that it has a target to achieve annual group sa...
- The current state of play in world garment exports
- Fung Capital helps PLM firm expand into Asia
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Diversification a key focus for Under Armour
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Footwear “facing increased compliance challenges"
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- Arrests made at US REI/North Face protests
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report