Top stories this week on just-style...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a detailed analysis of a report which suggests more progress is needed on a living wage for supply chain workers, price hikes continue to loom over the leather industry, and China to invest in Xinjiang's textile industry.
Analysis: Progress needed on supply chain living wage
A new report suggests retailers are still failing workers in their supply chains by not paying a living wage. The survey, which aims to provide greater transparency for consumers on the living wage issue, concludes that while some work has been done, much more progress is needed. just-style takes a closer look.
UK: House of Fraser tight-lipped on takeover talks
House of Fraser has refused to be drawn on reports Chinese conglomerate Sanpower Group has placed a surprise bid for the UK department store retailer.
Price hikes continue to loom over leather industry
An ongoing surge in hide and leather prices as global demand continues to outstrip supply is putting pressure on clothing, footwear and accessories brands. And the industry is being warned there is no end in sight.
CHINA: To invest billions in Xinjiang to boost textile industry
The Chinese Government is to invest CNY10bn (US$1.6bn) to boost the textile industry in the country's largest cotton producing region - the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, in western China.
Analysis: Asos targets global opportunities with supply chain changes
Online fashion retailer Asos believes the next leg of its investment requires the group to flex its supply chain to access a further GBP1bn (US$1.66bn) of international sales.
Companies: House of Fraser
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
What key strengths and strategies are helping retailers to take the lead? Building fully integrated and flexible supply chains, with an end-to-end focus on ethics and responsibility will help to separ...
One of the biggest challenges - and opportunities - facing the apparel industry in 2015 is how best to embrace the omni-channel retail model, improve the shopping experience, and respond with new supp...
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- EU clothing imports from China continue to plunge
- EU relaxes origin rules on Jordan clothing exports
- US Q2 in brief - Sears, Burlington, Tilly's
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras