Top stories this week on just-style...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a detailed analysis of a report which suggests more progress is needed on a living wage for supply chain workers, price hikes continue to loom over the leather industry, and China to invest in Xinjiang's textile industry.
Analysis: Progress needed on supply chain living wage
A new report suggests retailers are still failing workers in their supply chains by not paying a living wage. The survey, which aims to provide greater transparency for consumers on the living wage issue, concludes that while some work has been done, much more progress is needed. just-style takes a closer look.
UK: House of Fraser tight-lipped on takeover talks
House of Fraser has refused to be drawn on reports Chinese conglomerate Sanpower Group has placed a surprise bid for the UK department store retailer.
Price hikes continue to loom over leather industry
An ongoing surge in hide and leather prices as global demand continues to outstrip supply is putting pressure on clothing, footwear and accessories brands. And the industry is being warned there is no end in sight.
CHINA: To invest billions in Xinjiang to boost textile industry
The Chinese Government is to invest CNY10bn (US$1.6bn) to boost the textile industry in the country's largest cotton producing region - the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, in western China.
Analysis: Asos targets global opportunities with supply chain changes
Online fashion retailer Asos believes the next leg of its investment requires the group to flex its supply chain to access a further GBP1bn (US$1.66bn) of international sales.
Companies: House of Fraser
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate so...
Online retailer Shop Direct, operator of the Very and Littlewoods brands, has tapped Gap's European buying director Zoe Matthews as its first fashion director....
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the home textile industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate soci...
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Russia threatens ban on western apparel imports
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report