Top stories this week on just-style...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a detailed analysis of a report which suggests more progress is needed on a living wage for supply chain workers, price hikes continue to loom over the leather industry, and China to invest in Xinjiang's textile industry.
Analysis: Progress needed on supply chain living wage
A new report suggests retailers are still failing workers in their supply chains by not paying a living wage. The survey, which aims to provide greater transparency for consumers on the living wage issue, concludes that while some work has been done, much more progress is needed. just-style takes a closer look.
UK: House of Fraser tight-lipped on takeover talks
House of Fraser has refused to be drawn on reports Chinese conglomerate Sanpower Group has placed a surprise bid for the UK department store retailer.
Price hikes continue to loom over leather industry
An ongoing surge in hide and leather prices as global demand continues to outstrip supply is putting pressure on clothing, footwear and accessories brands. And the industry is being warned there is no end in sight.
CHINA: To invest billions in Xinjiang to boost textile industry
The Chinese Government is to invest CNY10bn (US$1.6bn) to boost the textile industry in the country's largest cotton producing region - the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, in western China.
Analysis: Asos targets global opportunities with supply chain changes
Online fashion retailer Asos believes the next leg of its investment requires the group to flex its supply chain to access a further GBP1bn (US$1.66bn) of international sales.
Companies: House of Fraser
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
What key strengths and strategies are helping retailers to take the lead? Building fully integrated and flexible supply chains, with an end-to-end focus on ethics and responsibility will help to separ...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the home textile industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate soci...
One of the biggest challenges - and opportunities - facing the apparel industry in 2015 is how best to embrace the omni-channel retail model, improve the shopping experience, and respond with new supp...
Our new Amazon Annual Best seller reports are available on a consultancy basis and deeply mine our own Amazon Trackers research and employ some unique in house modeling techniques. Harnessing insights...
Prominent Europe has added the Simon Carter shirt, tie and tailoring business to its portfolio of brands, through a licensing deal....
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Retailers warned of high volatility in Brexit wake
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Myanmar factories prepare for compliance training
- ILO decent work in global supply chains criticised
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)