Top stories this week on just-style...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include data that reveals cotton's share of the US clothing market has fallen, a ban by Walt Disney on Pakistan and Bangladesh production, VF Corp's new China hub, and the high tariffs imposed by the Bangladesh government on building and safety equipment for the country's factories.
Is the US cotton sector losing out to synthetics?
Cotton's share of the US clothing market has fallen following the sharp rise in cotton prices in 2012 - but the industry is fighting back.
US: Walt Disney bans Pakistan and Bangladesh production
US-based Walt Disney Company (WDC) has gone ahead with its threat to phase out the sourcing of Disney-branded products from Bangladesh and Pakistan over concerns the countries no longer meet its guidelines on working conditions.
US: VF Corp eyes speed to market with China hub
Apparel giant VF Corp has opened a central distribution centre in China, in a bid to provide measurable increases in speed-to-market for both customers and consumers.
BANGLADESH: High equipment duties drag on safety efforts
Efforts to improve safety in Bangladeshi garment factories are being hampered by high tariffs of up to 61% on imports of essential building and fire safety equipment - which apparel retailers and importers fear is discouraging critical investment into these products.
CAMBODIA: Adidas, Nike and Puma "complicit" in mass faintings
Adidas, Nike and Puma need to take some responsibility for recent mass faintings at two facilities in Cambodia producing their sportswear, a human rights group has said.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
2013 was marked by a strong investment by Nike in the Portuguese territory. Beyond the opening of important stores, Nike has been dedicated to increasing its penetration throughout a vigorous marketin...
Nike Turkiye AS endorses various sports, such as the Nike Run Istanbul and Nike Turkey Made by Movement campaigns in 2013. Nike used Nike Run Istanbul to get a non-running nation thinking and talking ...
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Retailers warned of high volatility in Brexit wake
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- Under Armour opens manufacturing innovation hub
- Online fabric platform to "revolutionise" buying
- Uniqlo said to be scaling back US expansion
- Better Work Vietnam launches labour law mobile app
- UK must act with urgency to cut Brexit uncertainty
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts