Top stories this week on just-style...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include data that reveals cotton's share of the US clothing market has fallen, a ban by Walt Disney on Pakistan and Bangladesh production, VF Corp's new China hub, and the high tariffs imposed by the Bangladesh government on building and safety equipment for the country's factories.
Is the US cotton sector losing out to synthetics?
Cotton's share of the US clothing market has fallen following the sharp rise in cotton prices in 2012 - but the industry is fighting back.
US: Walt Disney bans Pakistan and Bangladesh production
US-based Walt Disney Company (WDC) has gone ahead with its threat to phase out the sourcing of Disney-branded products from Bangladesh and Pakistan over concerns the countries no longer meet its guidelines on working conditions.
US: VF Corp eyes speed to market with China hub
Apparel giant VF Corp has opened a central distribution centre in China, in a bid to provide measurable increases in speed-to-market for both customers and consumers.
BANGLADESH: High equipment duties drag on safety efforts
Efforts to improve safety in Bangladeshi garment factories are being hampered by high tariffs of up to 61% on imports of essential building and fire safety equipment - which apparel retailers and importers fear is discouraging critical investment into these products.
CAMBODIA: Adidas, Nike and Puma "complicit" in mass faintings
Adidas, Nike and Puma need to take some responsibility for recent mass faintings at two facilities in Cambodia producing their sportswear, a human rights group has said.
Nike Turkiye AS endorses various sports, such as the Nike Run Istanbul and Nike Turkey Made by Movement campaigns in 2013. Nike used Nike Run Istanbul to get a non-running nation thinking and talking ...
The two main aspects to Nike’s strategy in France are targeting women, particularly via celebrity endorsements, and a focus on digital marketing as the company seeks to better connect with consumers....
Nike continues to create a supportive community around its brand with promotion of sports activities, for example, "Nike – NightRun". In the race registration stage each participant receives a race sh...
Apparel and footwear giant VF Corp has tapped Sudhakar Puvvada to the newly-created role of vice president of its Global Jeanswear Innovation Center....
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- India's labour law reforms edge a step closer
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- Under Armour "resonating strongly" with consumers
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- Ultrasonic execs disappear along with company cash
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details