Top stories this week on just-style...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include data that reveals cotton's share of the US clothing market has fallen, a ban by Walt Disney on Pakistan and Bangladesh production, VF Corp's new China hub, and the high tariffs imposed by the Bangladesh government on building and safety equipment for the country's factories.
Is the US cotton sector losing out to synthetics?
Cotton's share of the US clothing market has fallen following the sharp rise in cotton prices in 2012 - but the industry is fighting back.
US: Walt Disney bans Pakistan and Bangladesh production
US-based Walt Disney Company (WDC) has gone ahead with its threat to phase out the sourcing of Disney-branded products from Bangladesh and Pakistan over concerns the countries no longer meet its guidelines on working conditions.
US: VF Corp eyes speed to market with China hub
Apparel giant VF Corp has opened a central distribution centre in China, in a bid to provide measurable increases in speed-to-market for both customers and consumers.
BANGLADESH: High equipment duties drag on safety efforts
Efforts to improve safety in Bangladeshi garment factories are being hampered by high tariffs of up to 61% on imports of essential building and fire safety equipment - which apparel retailers and importers fear is discouraging critical investment into these products.
CAMBODIA: Adidas, Nike and Puma "complicit" in mass faintings
Adidas, Nike and Puma need to take some responsibility for recent mass faintings at two facilities in Cambodia producing their sportswear, a human rights group has said.
More than 160 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Change management key to PLM project success
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change