Top stories this week on just-style...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include warmer weather a welcome boost for UK fashion sales, an analysis on why no one strategy fits all in apparel sourcing, and Tesco to open a chain of F&F clothing stores in the US.
UK: Warmer weather boosts fashion retail sales
UK fashion sales performed "relatively well" in March, analysts say, helped by warmer weather and the launch of spring and summer ranges.
PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
Even though China continues to play a pivotal role as an apparel supplier, interest in alternative sources continues to dominate industry discussions. And the picture they paint is of strategies that take account of shifts in domestic demand, investment in Southeast Asia, and outside opportunities like Africa.
US: Tesco to open chain of F&F clothing stores
Retail giant Tesco is returning to the US with a chain of F&F clothing franchise stores, just seven months after selling its Fresh & Easy supermarket operation in the country.
PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer is key
The apparel industry needs to find a better way of doing business. That's the stark message to emerge from supply chain executives who believe that instead of squeezing the supply chain on cost and efficiency, the focus should instead be on delivering products that consumers really want.
UK: China's Sanpower acquires House of Fraser for GBP480m
The Shanghai-listed retail arm of Chinese conglomerate Sanpower Group has secured an 89% stake in UK department store retailer House of Fraser.
More than 160 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
Tesco PLC (TSCO) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData...
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- INTERVIEW: David Nieper pushes Made in UK momentum
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- ILO backs Burma project to improve work practices
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- UN rights expert urges further Cambodia reforms
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies