Top stories this week on just-style...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include warmer weather a welcome boost for UK fashion sales, an analysis on why no one strategy fits all in apparel sourcing, and Tesco to open a chain of F&F clothing stores in the US.
UK: Warmer weather boosts fashion retail sales
UK fashion sales performed "relatively well" in March, analysts say, helped by warmer weather and the launch of spring and summer ranges.
PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
Even though China continues to play a pivotal role as an apparel supplier, interest in alternative sources continues to dominate industry discussions. And the picture they paint is of strategies that take account of shifts in domestic demand, investment in Southeast Asia, and outside opportunities like Africa.
US: Tesco to open chain of F&F clothing stores
Retail giant Tesco is returning to the US with a chain of F&F clothing franchise stores, just seven months after selling its Fresh & Easy supermarket operation in the country.
PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer is key
The apparel industry needs to find a better way of doing business. That's the stark message to emerge from supply chain executives who believe that instead of squeezing the supply chain on cost and efficiency, the focus should instead be on delivering products that consumers really want.
UK: China's Sanpower acquires House of Fraser for GBP480m
The Shanghai-listed retail arm of Chinese conglomerate Sanpower Group has secured an 89% stake in UK department store retailer House of Fraser.
What key strengths and strategies are helping retailers to take the lead? Building fully integrated and flexible supply chains, with an end-to-end focus on ethics and responsibility will help to separ...
Tesco PLC (TSCO) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData...
One of the biggest challenges - and opportunities - facing the apparel industry in 2015 is how best to embrace the omni-channel retail model, improve the shopping experience, and respond with new supp...
Apparel products sold by Tesco are expected to benefit from strengthening of the private label F&F and the expanding space dedicated to apparel in hypermarkets. The Cherokee brand is no longer present...
Sales of grocery products through internet retailing and the online presence of Hungary’s grocery retailers remained limited for much of the review period, with G’Roby the only significant grocery ret...
Some 190 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in 2013....
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024