Top stories this week on just-style...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include warmer weather a welcome boost for UK fashion sales, an analysis on why no one strategy fits all in apparel sourcing, and Tesco to open a chain of F&F clothing stores in the US.
UK: Warmer weather boosts fashion retail sales
UK fashion sales performed "relatively well" in March, analysts say, helped by warmer weather and the launch of spring and summer ranges.
PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
Even though China continues to play a pivotal role as an apparel supplier, interest in alternative sources continues to dominate industry discussions. And the picture they paint is of strategies that take account of shifts in domestic demand, investment in Southeast Asia, and outside opportunities like Africa.
US: Tesco to open chain of F&F clothing stores
Retail giant Tesco is returning to the US with a chain of F&F clothing franchise stores, just seven months after selling its Fresh & Easy supermarket operation in the country.
PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer is key
The apparel industry needs to find a better way of doing business. That's the stark message to emerge from supply chain executives who believe that instead of squeezing the supply chain on cost and efficiency, the focus should instead be on delivering products that consumers really want.
UK: China's Sanpower acquires House of Fraser for GBP480m
The Shanghai-listed retail arm of Chinese conglomerate Sanpower Group has secured an 89% stake in UK department store retailer House of Fraser.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate so...
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Where next for Walmart's 3D apparel design pilot?
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis