Top stories this week on just-style...
A report on garment firms ramping up investments in Vietnam amid TPP talks was the most read story on just-style this week
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a report on garment firms ramping up investments in Vietnam amid TPP talks, an analysis on why changes in China's cotton policies are creating uncertainty, and an update on a garment worker wage strike in Cambodia.
ANALYSIS: Garment firms set sights on Vietnam amid TPP talks
Progress on the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) continues to falter, with the latest talks coming to an end last week in Japan amid "considerable differences." Yet many garment makers continue to ramp up their investments in Vietnam - one of the negotiating countries - despite ongoing uncertainties over the rules of origin issue.
ANALYSIS: Changes in China's cotton policies create uncertainty
The impact of recent changes to Chinese government policies on both the production and sale of raw cotton are continuing to cause uncertainty.
CAMBODIA: Wage strike by garment workers falls flat
A planned strike by thousands of garment workers in Cambodia appears to have fizzled out after most returned to work days before the end of a proposed five-day stay-at-home stoppage.
CHINA: Adidas shoe supplier factory strike enters second week
Workers striking at the Yue Yuen shoe factory in China have rejected management's latest offer, pushing what has become the country's largest worker strike in recent history into its second week.
ANALYSIS: Responsive supply chain key to Gap's growth plans
US clothing giant Gap Inc has set its sights on growing operating margin beyond 13%, as it looks to gain a larger share of the US$1.4 trillion global apparel market. Key to this is building a more responsive supply chain, seamless inventory, international expansion, and omni-channel capabilities.
Yue Yuen Industrial (Holdings) Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, produ...
Yue Yuen Industrial (Holdings) Limited (Yue Yuen) is an investment holding company. It is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of athletic and casual footwear. The company manufactures, and sells ...
The Gap Inc has demonstrated that it understands the direction of the apparel market, and is using its digital platforms in conjunction with its physical stores to drive growth. The company has benefi...
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- New Gap CEO set to tackle “aesthetic issue”
- Falling euro adds to Bangladesh production woes
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Myanmar Code of Conduct a first step in compliance
- M&S Asia head quits as China stores to close
- Abercrombie & Fitch reports “dismal” FY
- Gap names new design head amid mixed Q4
- Pay rise mulled for Sri Lanka garment workers
- US labour concerns at Honduras apparel makers
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019