Top stories this week on just-style...
A report on garment firms ramping up investments in Vietnam amid TPP talks was the most read story on just-style this week
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a report on garment firms ramping up investments in Vietnam amid TPP talks, an analysis on why changes in China's cotton policies are creating uncertainty, and an update on a garment worker wage strike in Cambodia.
ANALYSIS: Garment firms set sights on Vietnam amid TPP talks
Progress on the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) continues to falter, with the latest talks coming to an end last week in Japan amid "considerable differences." Yet many garment makers continue to ramp up their investments in Vietnam - one of the negotiating countries - despite ongoing uncertainties over the rules of origin issue.
ANALYSIS: Changes in China's cotton policies create uncertainty
The impact of recent changes to Chinese government policies on both the production and sale of raw cotton are continuing to cause uncertainty.
CAMBODIA: Wage strike by garment workers falls flat
A planned strike by thousands of garment workers in Cambodia appears to have fizzled out after most returned to work days before the end of a proposed five-day stay-at-home stoppage.
CHINA: Adidas shoe supplier factory strike enters second week
Workers striking at the Yue Yuen shoe factory in China have rejected management's latest offer, pushing what has become the country's largest worker strike in recent history into its second week.
ANALYSIS: Responsive supply chain key to Gap's growth plans
US clothing giant Gap Inc has set its sights on growing operating margin beyond 13%, as it looks to gain a larger share of the US$1.4 trillion global apparel market. Key to this is building a more responsive supply chain, seamless inventory, international expansion, and omni-channel capabilities.
The Gap, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings ...
The Gap, Inc. - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and...
Canadean's "The Gap, Inc. : Retail - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key...
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change