Top stories this week on just-style...
A report on garment firms ramping up investments in Vietnam amid TPP talks was the most read story on just-style this week
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a report on garment firms ramping up investments in Vietnam amid TPP talks, an analysis on why changes in China's cotton policies are creating uncertainty, and an update on a garment worker wage strike in Cambodia.
ANALYSIS: Garment firms set sights on Vietnam amid TPP talks
Progress on the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) continues to falter, with the latest talks coming to an end last week in Japan amid "considerable differences." Yet many garment makers continue to ramp up their investments in Vietnam - one of the negotiating countries - despite ongoing uncertainties over the rules of origin issue.
ANALYSIS: Changes in China's cotton policies create uncertainty
The impact of recent changes to Chinese government policies on both the production and sale of raw cotton are continuing to cause uncertainty.
CAMBODIA: Wage strike by garment workers falls flat
A planned strike by thousands of garment workers in Cambodia appears to have fizzled out after most returned to work days before the end of a proposed five-day stay-at-home stoppage.
CHINA: Adidas shoe supplier factory strike enters second week
Workers striking at the Yue Yuen shoe factory in China have rejected management's latest offer, pushing what has become the country's largest worker strike in recent history into its second week.
ANALYSIS: Responsive supply chain key to Gap's growth plans
US clothing giant Gap Inc has set its sights on growing operating margin beyond 13%, as it looks to gain a larger share of the US$1.4 trillion global apparel market. Key to this is building a more responsive supply chain, seamless inventory, international expansion, and omni-channel capabilities.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
Yue Yuen Industrial (Holdings) Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, produ...
Yue Yuen Industrial (Holdings) Limited (Yue Yuen) is an investment holding company. It is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of athletic and casual footwear. The company manufactures, and sells ...
The Gap Inc has demonstrated that it understands the direction of the apparel market, and is using its digital platforms in conjunction with its physical stores to drive growth. The company has benefi...
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Chaos in the world’s trade agreements
- Supply chain improvements to save Billabong $30m
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- H&M scaling up living wage effort to key suppliers
- Myanmar approves first minimum wage
- US Q2 in brief: Genesco, Oxford, Sears Canada
- EU clothing buyers should brace for higher prices
- Vietnam apparel industry calls for lower wage
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global Sports Footwear Market 2015-2019