Top stories this week on just-style...
A report on garment firms ramping up investments in Vietnam amid TPP talks was the most read story on just-style this week
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a report on garment firms ramping up investments in Vietnam amid TPP talks, an analysis on why changes in China's cotton policies are creating uncertainty, and an update on a garment worker wage strike in Cambodia.
ANALYSIS: Garment firms set sights on Vietnam amid TPP talks
Progress on the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) continues to falter, with the latest talks coming to an end last week in Japan amid "considerable differences." Yet many garment makers continue to ramp up their investments in Vietnam - one of the negotiating countries - despite ongoing uncertainties over the rules of origin issue.
ANALYSIS: Changes in China's cotton policies create uncertainty
The impact of recent changes to Chinese government policies on both the production and sale of raw cotton are continuing to cause uncertainty.
CAMBODIA: Wage strike by garment workers falls flat
A planned strike by thousands of garment workers in Cambodia appears to have fizzled out after most returned to work days before the end of a proposed five-day stay-at-home stoppage.
CHINA: Adidas shoe supplier factory strike enters second week
Workers striking at the Yue Yuen shoe factory in China have rejected management's latest offer, pushing what has become the country's largest worker strike in recent history into its second week.
ANALYSIS: Responsive supply chain key to Gap's growth plans
US clothing giant Gap Inc has set its sights on growing operating margin beyond 13%, as it looks to gain a larger share of the US$1.4 trillion global apparel market. Key to this is building a more responsive supply chain, seamless inventory, international expansion, and omni-channel capabilities.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
Gap Inc appears firmly set on recovery, thanks to a renewed focus on style and quality, a good customer response towards its e-commerce initiative and stabilisation of market share in the US, its home...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Hats, Caps, and Millinery in US$ Million. The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Canada, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin Ame...
- Trump’s China tariff a self-serving sound-bite
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Bad sourcing blamed for pressure on retail margins
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Primark continues US expansion with third store
- $360m logistics investment to benefit Bangladesh
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)