Top stories this week on just-style...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include the news that A&E will acquire sewing thread rival Gütermann, Fat Face's planned IPO, and an analysis on high inventories at US retailers.
US: A&E to acquire sewing thread rival Gütermann
American & Efird, the world's second largest manufacturer and distributor of industrial sewing and embroidery thread, has agreed to acquire its German rival Gütermann.
UK: Fat Face IPO to raise up to GBP110m
Fashion retailer Fat Face has announced plans to float on the London Stock Exchange in a move that could raise up to GBP110m for the UK company.
High inventories at US retailers is causing concern
Stung by unseasonably cold spring weather that blanketed many parts of the US just as they were rolling out their spring merchandise, retailers have not only been hampered by sluggish sales but are also battling high levels of inventory, analysts warn.
CAMBODIA: Government urged to halt ongoing strikes
The Garment Manufacturers Association in Cambodia (GMAC) has called on the country's government to step in to try to stop several garment strikes that began last week, and are now continuing into a second week.
US: Removes Philippines from intellectual property watch list
The US has removed the Philippines from a list of countries that fail to provide an adequate level of intellectual property protection or enforcement, in a move that paves the way for increased trade and investment.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- Under Armour on track with new UAS sportswear line
- Myanmar garment exports surged 20% in 2015
- EU trade ministers push on TTIP and Canada pacts
- What does the future hold for world wool supply?
- Why synthetic fibres are a safe bet for the future
- US retailers urge action on Hanjin Shipping crisis
- Zara launches eco-friendly Join Life collection
- Adidas unveils first Speedfactory running shoe
- Bangladesh calls for US duty-free apparel access
- Brexit may hit suppliers with UK duty-free access
- Too Many Standards
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Ralph Lauren Corporation : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras