Top stories this week on just-style...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include the news that A&E will acquire sewing thread rival Gütermann, Fat Face's planned IPO, and an analysis on high inventories at US retailers.
US: A&E to acquire sewing thread rival Gütermann
American & Efird, the world's second largest manufacturer and distributor of industrial sewing and embroidery thread, has agreed to acquire its German rival Gütermann.
UK: Fat Face IPO to raise up to GBP110m
Fashion retailer Fat Face has announced plans to float on the London Stock Exchange in a move that could raise up to GBP110m for the UK company.
High inventories at US retailers is causing concern
Stung by unseasonably cold spring weather that blanketed many parts of the US just as they were rolling out their spring merchandise, retailers have not only been hampered by sluggish sales but are also battling high levels of inventory, analysts warn.
CAMBODIA: Government urged to halt ongoing strikes
The Garment Manufacturers Association in Cambodia (GMAC) has called on the country's government to step in to try to stop several garment strikes that began last week, and are now continuing into a second week.
US: Removes Philippines from intellectual property watch list
The US has removed the Philippines from a list of countries that fail to provide an adequate level of intellectual property protection or enforcement, in a move that paves the way for increased trade and investment.
- Levi Strauss raises the bar on sustainability
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- Gap and H&M back Myanmar path to labour reform
- H&M faces margin pressure on dollar impact
- Can the Gap brand reclaim its iconic status?
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- Far Eastern to invest $323m in Vietnam textile hub
- Fast Retailing supplier continues strike talks
- China cotton stockpile auction may shake up market
- Under Armour unveils newest retail presence
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: The EU - May 2015
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015