Top stories this week on just-style...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a report on Mothercare playing down rumours it has renegotiated bank loan terms, an analysis on the sudden departure of Target's CEO, and news that the Bangladesh Alliance is seeking the closure of five factories over safety concerns.
UK: Mothercare plays down bank loan rumours
Struggling retailer Mothercare has hit back at media reports that it has been forced to renegotiate the terms of its bank loans, saying it is "normal practice" to talk with financing partners about future plans.
Target problems extend beyond its security breach
Far from drawing a line under a number of strategic mistakes at America's fourth largest retailer, the sudden departure of Target Corporation's CEO Gregg Steinhafel may mark the start of a new period of upheaval for the discount giant.
BANGLADESH: Alliance seeks five factory closures over safety
The Alliance for Bangladesh Worker Safety says it has so far sought the immediate suspension of production in five factories following concerns about the safety of the buildings where they are located.
US: New 3D printing technique has apparel potential
A new type of 3D printer has the potential to open up new possibilities for the technology by turning wool and wool blend yarns into fabric objects including apparel.
VIETNAM: Chinese textile investment floods in ahead of TPP
A major Chinese clothing and textile company has told just-style that the upcoming Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal is a key reason for a planned investment in Vietnam.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- US Q4 in brief – Chico's FAS, TJX Companies
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- $136m funding for Made in NY garment-making hub
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar