Top stories this week on just-style...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a report on Mothercare playing down rumours it has renegotiated bank loan terms, an analysis on the sudden departure of Target's CEO, and news that the Bangladesh Alliance is seeking the closure of five factories over safety concerns.
UK: Mothercare plays down bank loan rumours
Struggling retailer Mothercare has hit back at media reports that it has been forced to renegotiate the terms of its bank loans, saying it is "normal practice" to talk with financing partners about future plans.
Target problems extend beyond its security breach
Far from drawing a line under a number of strategic mistakes at America's fourth largest retailer, the sudden departure of Target Corporation's CEO Gregg Steinhafel may mark the start of a new period of upheaval for the discount giant.
BANGLADESH: Alliance seeks five factory closures over safety
The Alliance for Bangladesh Worker Safety says it has so far sought the immediate suspension of production in five factories following concerns about the safety of the buildings where they are located.
US: New 3D printing technique has apparel potential
A new type of 3D printer has the potential to open up new possibilities for the technology by turning wool and wool blend yarns into fabric objects including apparel.
VIETNAM: Chinese textile investment floods in ahead of TPP
A major Chinese clothing and textile company has told just-style that the upcoming Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal is a key reason for a planned investment in Vietnam.
The US holiday season, typically defined as the period between Thanksgiving and Christmas day, is a key period for retailers, and brings new challenges on a yearly basis. This case study analyzes Targ...
Introduction Childrenswear in the Czech Republic industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2009-13, and......
More than 170 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
Introduction Childrenswear in the Netherlands industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2009-13, and fo......
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report