Top stories this week on just-style...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a report on Mothercare playing down rumours it has renegotiated bank loan terms, an analysis on the sudden departure of Target's CEO, and news that the Bangladesh Alliance is seeking the closure of five factories over safety concerns.
UK: Mothercare plays down bank loan rumours
Struggling retailer Mothercare has hit back at media reports that it has been forced to renegotiate the terms of its bank loans, saying it is "normal practice" to talk with financing partners about future plans.
Target problems extend beyond its security breach
Far from drawing a line under a number of strategic mistakes at America's fourth largest retailer, the sudden departure of Target Corporation's CEO Gregg Steinhafel may mark the start of a new period of upheaval for the discount giant.
BANGLADESH: Alliance seeks five factory closures over safety
The Alliance for Bangladesh Worker Safety says it has so far sought the immediate suspension of production in five factories following concerns about the safety of the buildings where they are located.
US: New 3D printing technique has apparel potential
A new type of 3D printer has the potential to open up new possibilities for the technology by turning wool and wool blend yarns into fabric objects including apparel.
VIETNAM: Chinese textile investment floods in ahead of TPP
A major Chinese clothing and textile company has told just-style that the upcoming Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal is a key reason for a planned investment in Vietnam.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
Apparel Retail in Europe industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also c...
Apparel Retail in United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profil...
- Why Inditex is "clear winner" in fast fashion
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- Under Armour makes lifestyle push with new brand
- North Face has holistic view on harmful chemicals
- China remains powerhouse for footwear sourcing
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- US Q2 in brief - Columbia Sportswear, Rocky Brands
- Ananta Group hits back at Bangladesh union claims
- Transparency index to expand to 100 brands
- Gap joins Better Cotton Initiative
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020