Top stories this week on just-style...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a report on Nike's plans to redefine how its products are made, the impact of escalating anti-Chinese protests on apparel and footwear plants in Vietnam, and a new garment factory set for Mozambique's Manica province.
Nike gears up for a "manufacturing revolution"
Faced with an increasingly complex mix of challenges across its business, from rising costs to the rapid pace of innovation, sporting goods giant Nike believes the solution could lie in a range of initiatives it calls a "manufacturing revolution" - aimed at redefining how its products are made and what they are made from.
South China Sea protests hit Vietnam production
Escalating anti-Chinese protests by thousands of workers in Vietnam have led to the suspension of production at a number of Chinese and Taiwanese garment and footwear plants in Binh Duong province in the south of the country.
MOZAMBIQUE: Garment factory planned for Manica province
A garment factory that will manufacture shirts and trousers is to be built in Mozambique's Manica province.
US: Ralph Lauren executive Roger Farah to retire
Longtime Ralph Lauren executive vice chairman Roger Farah is to retire at the end of this month, after 14 years with the US apparel business.
BANGLADESH: Rising export sales clipped by safety issues
Bangladesh clothing producers who follow good labour standards and comply with good social responsibility practice have seen orders increase in recent months, according to a local buying intermediary group.
NIKE, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings ......
Project Synopsis: MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth act......
Nike believes that footwear manufactured using its Flyknit fabric, which was initially launched in 2012, will be one of its growth drivers going forward. Initially launched in running footwear, Nike h...
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Responsible apparel sourcing requires teamwork
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- UPDATE: A&F appoints Horowitz to head Hollister
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam