Top stories this week on just-style...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a report on Nike's plans to redefine how its products are made, the impact of escalating anti-Chinese protests on apparel and footwear plants in Vietnam, and a new garment factory set for Mozambique's Manica province.
Nike gears up for a "manufacturing revolution"
Faced with an increasingly complex mix of challenges across its business, from rising costs to the rapid pace of innovation, sporting goods giant Nike believes the solution could lie in a range of initiatives it calls a "manufacturing revolution" - aimed at redefining how its products are made and what they are made from.
South China Sea protests hit Vietnam production
Escalating anti-Chinese protests by thousands of workers in Vietnam have led to the suspension of production at a number of Chinese and Taiwanese garment and footwear plants in Binh Duong province in the south of the country.
MOZAMBIQUE: Garment factory planned for Manica province
A garment factory that will manufacture shirts and trousers is to be built in Mozambique's Manica province.
US: Ralph Lauren executive Roger Farah to retire
Longtime Ralph Lauren executive vice chairman Roger Farah is to retire at the end of this month, after 14 years with the US apparel business.
BANGLADESH: Rising export sales clipped by safety issues
Bangladesh clothing producers who follow good labour standards and comply with good social responsibility practice have seen orders increase in recent months, according to a local buying intermediary group.
Despite the economic slowdown in Poland, Nike Poland did not suffer a loss of share in the Polish apparel market. Like numerous other operators in the market, the company aims to overcome losses in re...
Sales of basketball footwear rose 21% in the US in the year to April, outstripping athletic footwear market growth of only 4%, according to new research....
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- INTERVIEW: David Nieper pushes Made in UK momentum
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Is China's dream becoming a nightmare scenario?
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- European MEPs call for more TTIP transparency
- ILO backs Burma project to improve work practices
- UN rights expert urges further Cambodia reforms
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies