Top stories this week on just-style...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a report on Nike's plans to redefine how its products are made, the impact of escalating anti-Chinese protests on apparel and footwear plants in Vietnam, and a new garment factory set for Mozambique's Manica province.
Nike gears up for a "manufacturing revolution"
Faced with an increasingly complex mix of challenges across its business, from rising costs to the rapid pace of innovation, sporting goods giant Nike believes the solution could lie in a range of initiatives it calls a "manufacturing revolution" - aimed at redefining how its products are made and what they are made from.
South China Sea protests hit Vietnam production
Escalating anti-Chinese protests by thousands of workers in Vietnam have led to the suspension of production at a number of Chinese and Taiwanese garment and footwear plants in Binh Duong province in the south of the country.
MOZAMBIQUE: Garment factory planned for Manica province
A garment factory that will manufacture shirts and trousers is to be built in Mozambique's Manica province.
US: Ralph Lauren executive Roger Farah to retire
Longtime Ralph Lauren executive vice chairman Roger Farah is to retire at the end of this month, after 14 years with the US apparel business.
BANGLADESH: Rising export sales clipped by safety issues
Bangladesh clothing producers who follow good labour standards and comply with good social responsibility practice have seen orders increase in recent months, according to a local buying intermediary group.
Despite the economic slowdown in Poland, Nike Poland did not suffer a loss of share in the Polish apparel market. Like numerous other operators in the market, the company aims to overcome losses in re...
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Hanesbrands praises supply chain efficiency
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- Wal-Mart US chief resignation little surprise
- Under Armour "bullish" in full-year guidance rise
- Macy’s increases sustainability efforts
- Wal-Mart replaces US division chief
- AAFA urges Senate to modify Bangladesh provisions
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges