Top stories this week on just-style...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a report on Nike's plans to redefine how its products are made, the impact of escalating anti-Chinese protests on apparel and footwear plants in Vietnam, and a new garment factory set for Mozambique's Manica province.
Nike gears up for a "manufacturing revolution"
Faced with an increasingly complex mix of challenges across its business, from rising costs to the rapid pace of innovation, sporting goods giant Nike believes the solution could lie in a range of initiatives it calls a "manufacturing revolution" - aimed at redefining how its products are made and what they are made from.
South China Sea protests hit Vietnam production
Escalating anti-Chinese protests by thousands of workers in Vietnam have led to the suspension of production at a number of Chinese and Taiwanese garment and footwear plants in Binh Duong province in the south of the country.
MOZAMBIQUE: Garment factory planned for Manica province
A garment factory that will manufacture shirts and trousers is to be built in Mozambique's Manica province.
US: Ralph Lauren executive Roger Farah to retire
Longtime Ralph Lauren executive vice chairman Roger Farah is to retire at the end of this month, after 14 years with the US apparel business.
BANGLADESH: Rising export sales clipped by safety issues
Bangladesh clothing producers who follow good labour standards and comply with good social responsibility practice have seen orders increase in recent months, according to a local buying intermediary group.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
Canadean's "NIKE, Inc. : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a roundup of US apparel retailers' comparable store sales in April, Nike pledging to expand its US manufacturing operations if the TPP agreement ...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Executives from sportswear giants Adidas and Nike, as well as mail order firm Otto Group and Everest Textile Company, are set to speak at this year's World Textile Summit....
Nike believes that footwear manufactured using its Flyknit fabric, which was initially launched in 2012, will be one of its growth drivers going forward. Initially launched in running footwear, Nike h...
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Kurt Cavano on “the Uberfication of everything”
- Gap bullish on China growth opportunities
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Adidas files trademark suit against Forever 21
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019