Top stories this week on just-style...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a court ruling that Deckers Teva sports sandal is not a sports shoe, the reaction by Nike and Adidas to claims toxic chemicals are in some World Cup products, and an insight on the made-in-US focus at Texprocess Americas.
US: Court rules Deckers sandal is not a sports shoe
The US Court of Appeal has ruled that Deckers Teva sports sandals are classified as other slip-on footwear and not as sports footwear.
SWEDEN: Björn Borg reports mixed Q1 performance
Underwear brand Björn Borg has reported mixed first quarter results, with higher revenues, profit and margins but a drop in sales of its spring and summer collections.
UPDATE: GERMANY: Tests show toxic chemicals in World Cup products
Sporting goods giants Adidas and Nike have both hit back at claims that some of the football merchandise produced ahead of this year's World Cup in Brazil contains high levels of hazardous chemicals.
Made-in-US a key focus at Texprocess Americas
The made-in-US aspect was a strong selling point for many exhibitors at Texprocess Americas in Atlanta last week.
INDIA: Textile units face closure over water pollution concerns
More than 600 dyeing and printing units in the small Indian town of Pali, in Rajasthan state, face closure over water pollution concerns.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
Nike plans to maintain its position in Greece by continuing a marketing strategy which is expanding to include more product designs and wider product variety in order to appeal to increasingly differe...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a roundup of US apparel retailers' comparable store sales in April, Nike pledging to expand its US manufacturing operations if the TPP agreement ...
Nike continues to create a supportive community around its brand via the promotion of sports activities, for example the Nike Night Run. At the registration stage each participant receives a race shir...
Executives from sportswear giants Adidas and Nike, as well as mail order firm Otto Group and Everest Textile Company, are set to speak at this year's World Textile Summit....
Nike Venezuela is present in apparel in Venezuela with its own Nike stores, where only Nike products are sold. The stores’ product assortment varies from functional items, used to practice a specific ...
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Hong Kong industry pins future on innovation
- US Q2 in brief: Guess, PVH, Abercrombie & Fitch
- Gap restructuring weighs on Q2 as profit falls 34%
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Ralph Lauren debuts biometic smart shirt
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019