Top stories this week on just-style...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a court ruling that Deckers Teva sports sandal is not a sports shoe, the reaction by Nike and Adidas to claims toxic chemicals are in some World Cup products, and an insight on the made-in-US focus at Texprocess Americas.
US: Court rules Deckers sandal is not a sports shoe
The US Court of Appeal has ruled that Deckers Teva sports sandals are classified as other slip-on footwear and not as sports footwear.
SWEDEN: Björn Borg reports mixed Q1 performance
Underwear brand Björn Borg has reported mixed first quarter results, with higher revenues, profit and margins but a drop in sales of its spring and summer collections.
UPDATE: GERMANY: Tests show toxic chemicals in World Cup products
Sporting goods giants Adidas and Nike have both hit back at claims that some of the football merchandise produced ahead of this year's World Cup in Brazil contains high levels of hazardous chemicals.
Made-in-US a key focus at Texprocess Americas
The made-in-US aspect was a strong selling point for many exhibitors at Texprocess Americas in Atlanta last week.
INDIA: Textile units face closure over water pollution concerns
More than 600 dyeing and printing units in the small Indian town of Pali, in Rajasthan state, face closure over water pollution concerns.
NIKE, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings ......
Project Synopsis: MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth act......
Deckers Outdoor Corp is primarily a wholesaler, with customers across the US and a wide distribution network. It also sells directly to consumers through an e-commerce site and through its own retail ...
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- COMMENT: The decline of the buying office
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Bangladesh: Raising the bar on apparel exports?
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- Bangladesh knitting worker killed by faulty lift
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie
- Bangladesh factory improvements “will take years”
- Apparel manufacturing leads US reshoring trend