Top stories this week on just-style...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a court ruling that Deckers Teva sports sandal is not a sports shoe, the reaction by Nike and Adidas to claims toxic chemicals are in some World Cup products, and an insight on the made-in-US focus at Texprocess Americas.
US: Court rules Deckers sandal is not a sports shoe
The US Court of Appeal has ruled that Deckers Teva sports sandals are classified as other slip-on footwear and not as sports footwear.
SWEDEN: Björn Borg reports mixed Q1 performance
Underwear brand Björn Borg has reported mixed first quarter results, with higher revenues, profit and margins but a drop in sales of its spring and summer collections.
UPDATE: GERMANY: Tests show toxic chemicals in World Cup products
Sporting goods giants Adidas and Nike have both hit back at claims that some of the football merchandise produced ahead of this year's World Cup in Brazil contains high levels of hazardous chemicals.
Made-in-US a key focus at Texprocess Americas
The made-in-US aspect was a strong selling point for many exhibitors at Texprocess Americas in Atlanta last week.
INDIA: Textile units face closure over water pollution concerns
More than 600 dyeing and printing units in the small Indian town of Pali, in Rajasthan state, face closure over water pollution concerns.
Deckers Outdoor Corp is primarily a wholesaler, with customers across the US and a wide distribution network. It also sells directly to consumers through an e-commerce site and through its own retail ...
Sales of basketball footwear rose 21% in the US in the year to April, outstripping athletic footwear market growth of only 4%, according to new research....
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Weatherproof jackets release harmful chemicals"
- UN rights expert urges further Cambodia reforms
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies