Top stories this week on just-style...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include the trends and developments of PLM systems, an analysis on why compliance is still a concern in Cambodia's garment industry, and the challenge of ethical standards for Burmese investors.
Supply chain software: PLM trends
Product lifecycle management (PLM) systems provide increasingly sophisticated tools for getting the right products to market at the right time - with current trends including more integration with ERP, and collaborative sharing in the development process.
SOURCING: Compliance still a concern in Cambodian garment sector
Although there has been a slight improvement in the proper payment of wages and benefits within Cambodia's garment and footwear industry, non-compliance in areas related to worker health and safety and fainting remains "significant", a new study has found.
SOURCING: Ethical standards a challenge for Burma investors
Experts have warned that clothing companies from developed countries who implement international ethical standards when investing in Myanmar/Burma will probably be competing with Asian companies who ignore such guidance.
CAMBODIA: Transparency "boosting factory conditions"
Transparent reporting of garment factory compliance in Cambodia is helping to improve conditions for workers, according to a new report.
CHINA: Manufacturing output up thanks to new orders
Manufacturing in China saw its first improvement in operating conditions in six months during June, according to new data.
Product lifecycle management (PLM) systems help apparel companies share information more efficiently and plan for future lines more accurately as time-to-market shrinks....
The last few years have seen tremendous changes in the technological landscape of product lifecycle management (PLM) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems. Yet the software has evolved rapidl...
While speed is, of course, an important part of the fast fashion process, a shorter timeframe between garment design and point of sale does not necessarily mean a larger margin of errors....
As its name suggests, the lifeblood of the fast fashion industry is, largely, speed to market - meaning that in many cases, traditional, weeks-long methods of shipping garments via sea or truck are no...
Fast fashion sourcing trends in Europe and north America are in flux due to the economic downturn, changes in consumer behaviour and growing awareness of industry practices, especially in the wake of ...
Software provider Infor has unveiled Infor CloudSuite Fashion, aimed at offering fashion customers "mission critical" applications in the cloud environment....
Bestseller Fashion Group China (BFGC) has announced plans to implement a PLM solution provided by Centric Software to improve its business and support growth....
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Who has signed the Bangladesh safety accord?
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam