Top stories this week on just-style...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include the trends and developments of PLM systems, an analysis on why compliance is still a concern in Cambodia's garment industry, and the challenge of ethical standards for Burmese investors.
Supply chain software: PLM trends
Product lifecycle management (PLM) systems provide increasingly sophisticated tools for getting the right products to market at the right time - with current trends including more integration with ERP, and collaborative sharing in the development process.
SOURCING: Compliance still a concern in Cambodian garment sector
Although there has been a slight improvement in the proper payment of wages and benefits within Cambodia's garment and footwear industry, non-compliance in areas related to worker health and safety and fainting remains "significant", a new study has found.
SOURCING: Ethical standards a challenge for Burma investors
Experts have warned that clothing companies from developed countries who implement international ethical standards when investing in Myanmar/Burma will probably be competing with Asian companies who ignore such guidance.
CAMBODIA: Transparency "boosting factory conditions"
Transparent reporting of garment factory compliance in Cambodia is helping to improve conditions for workers, according to a new report.
CHINA: Manufacturing output up thanks to new orders
Manufacturing in China saw its first improvement in operating conditions in six months during June, according to new data.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
French apparel manufacturer Pyrenex has chosen to integrate Gerber Technology's YuniquePLM software into its ERP solution to improve communication and collaboration between its global creative and pro...
Canadian casual and sportswear business Mondetta has selected BlueCherry PLM to help improve product lifecyle efficiency and keep pace with the changing manufacturing landscape....
US fashion powerhouse Dutch LLC is implementing NGC's Extended PLM software to help streamline its global operations as it continues with its expansion strategy. ...
London-based fashion house Yumi International Ltd is implementing the Visual End2End suite of software products to connect all departments, from design to finance, for total visibility....
More than 75 apparel brands and 30 software vendors are lined up to attend next week's PI Apparel event in New York, with speakers including executives from Adidas, Marc Jacobs, Donna Karan, Target, V...
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Big data helps Crystal Group sustainability gains
- Brexit and the apparel industry – what lies ahead?
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- Brexit to halt deflation in UK clothing sector
- Under Armour opens manufacturing innovation hub
- Nike faces domestic and future order headwinds
- Walmart's 'Made in USA' pledge misleading
- Delta Galil buys VF Corp premium brands for $120m
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape