Top stories this week on just-style...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include the trends and developments of PLM systems, an analysis on why compliance is still a concern in Cambodia's garment industry, and the challenge of ethical standards for Burmese investors.
Supply chain software: PLM trends
Product lifecycle management (PLM) systems provide increasingly sophisticated tools for getting the right products to market at the right time - with current trends including more integration with ERP, and collaborative sharing in the development process.
SOURCING: Compliance still a concern in Cambodian garment sector
Although there has been a slight improvement in the proper payment of wages and benefits within Cambodia's garment and footwear industry, non-compliance in areas related to worker health and safety and fainting remains "significant", a new study has found.
SOURCING: Ethical standards a challenge for Burma investors
Experts have warned that clothing companies from developed countries who implement international ethical standards when investing in Myanmar/Burma will probably be competing with Asian companies who ignore such guidance.
CAMBODIA: Transparency "boosting factory conditions"
Transparent reporting of garment factory compliance in Cambodia is helping to improve conditions for workers, according to a new report.
CHINA: Manufacturing output up thanks to new orders
Manufacturing in China saw its first improvement in operating conditions in six months during June, according to new data.
How is the sourcing landscape likely to shift in 2015, and what strategies can help apparel firms and their suppliers to stay ahead? China is seen moving higher up the value chain, and near-shoring is...
The last few years have seen tremendous changes in the technological landscape of product lifecycle management (PLM) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems. Yet the software has evolved rapidl...
UK based ladies' and children's wear manufacturer Studio One is implementing the Visual End-2-End software suite to connect and centralise all product information and processes....
French apparel maker Lafodex SA has deployed YuniquePLM to help accelerate workflow, improve collaboration and reduce errors....
Jean-Maurice Férauge has been named managing director of Lectra Japan, with responsibility for developing the company's presence in the country, particularly in the fashion sector....
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- Outlook 2015: What keeps you awake at night?
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Adidas sells Rockport for $280m to focus on sports
- Tommy Hilfiger digital showroom to reduce samples
- Adidas and Timberland commit to responsible down
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024